11/25: Paradise Jam Game 3: vs Grand Canyon Noon CT

jamminjamarsmiley

This will be an interesting matchup. GCU has had a rough start to the season. Johnny Hill is an assistant for the Lopes.
ISU 71
GCU 62

GCU does not have a lot of size. When they played the Illini, Cockburn had a field day in the paint. Idowu is not at his level, but I would make it a focus to get the ball to him down low.

GCU is missing two top players in Oscar Frayer and Mikey Dixon. Carlos Johnson is one of the Lopes top players and hails from Centrailia, IL .

Need to salvage a game on this trip!!!!

DannyCooksey

Play hard the entire game. Do the best you can to be smart and fundamentally sound.

I can’t ask for more.

ricohill

Reading GCU game notes. Not a good start for Muller taking over the defense.

Illinois State has dropped three consecutive games, including a 67-65 loss to Central Florida and a 66-65 loss to Cincinnati, by allowing opponents to shoot 47.4% from the field on the season. That ranks as the 32nd highest opponent field goal percentage in the nation.

https://gculopes.com/news/2019/11/24/mens-basketball-gcu-illinois-state-preview.aspx

ISU FAN 1

ricohill said:
Reading GCU game notes. Not a good start for Muller taking over the defense.

Illinois State has dropped three consecutive games, including a 67-65 loss to Central Florida and a 66-65 loss to Cincinnati, by allowing opponents to shoot 47.4% from the field on the season. That ranks as the 32nd highest opponent field goal percentage in the nation.

https://gculopes.com/news/2019/11/24/mens-basketball-gcu-illinois-state-preview.aspx

Dan needs a defensive coordinator.

Adunk33

Staff member
Chastain starting over Keith again. I really liked what I saw from KJ off the bench. If he can bring that fire, passion, and efficiency off the bench every game, I'll take it.

Adunk33

Staff member
How much money does GCU have? Brought their band and the cheerleaders with them along with a private charter for the team/fans/cheerleaders/band,etc.

This is the closest thing to an away game that we've played.

ricohill

Highly suggest listening to the GCU radio broadcast. Much better than WJBC without Luedke. You actually know what is going on in the game.

https://streamdb3web.securenetsystems.net/v5/KQFN

Adunk33

Staff member
10-0 run for GCU as they lead it 18-7. Team looks tired and GCU is hitting their shots. Maybe the guys got too much sun yesterday on their day off. Copeland taking bad shots and shooting almost every time he touches the ball.

Seems like we'll need a total reset when we get back to the mainland.

ISU FAN 1

Adunk33 said:
10-0 run for GCU as they lead it 18-7. Team looks tired and GCU is hitting their shots. Maybe the guys got too much sun yesterday on their day off. Copeland taking bad shots and shooting almost every time he touches the ball.

Seems like we'll need a total reset when we get back to the mainland.
Send a message, and make them swim back, if they lose this one.

ricohill

Zone has shut down GCU. Sounds like they are lost against it.

Adunk33

Staff member
Went zone and pressed. ISU gets an 8-0 run to cut the GCU lead to 3.

Top Bottom