2024 NCAA Tournament

ISU86

Can already tell that the NIT is completely ruined. We got a 16-17 Xavier team in the tournament.
The fallout from guaranteeing two spots to the P6 conferences and some of their members deciding the NIT is not worthy of them. If a school declines, it should not be a trickle down until one accepts. Awful!

Redbirdfan06

Seems the MWC has cracked the current code. Those 6 teams are all in the top 38 NET ranking, which enabled them all to get Q1 and Q2 wins. But those wins were against each other, so it’s not a great surprise they got lower seeds.

How many Valley teams in the top 38? One. And that one got beat in the Arch, which created 1 of the 5 bid stealers that bumped teams off the bubble. That one team won ONE Q1 game. Drake had 4 Q1 wins. The Valley only had 8 Q1 wins total.
Dayton is the comparison I would use to crack the current code. Best win was against a bubble team that didn’t make the tournament in St John’s which was in a non conference tournament. Close loss to Northwestern on the road and then beat decent but never in the tournament teams in Cincy and SMU. Kept their NET high by never getting blown out and were competitive on the road. And then finished third in the A10 regular season and got bounced in the quarterfinals.

And all that got them a 7 seed in the ncaa tournament.

Bird Friend

Colorado St. destroys UVA . . . makes me wonder if UVA really wanted to be there. They were outplayed in every facet of the game. Kudos to CSU!

Redbird28

Colorado St. destroys UVA . . . makes me wonder if UVA really wanted to be there. They were outplayed in every facet of the game. Kudos to CSU!
UVA couldn't hit water if they fell into the ocean. Just an absolutely horrible offensive team.

Loved this guys shirt they showed late.
1710938086709.png

Last edited:

Baltimore Bird

What does that say about the ACC? UVA was 13 and 7 in the ACC for 3rd place. They were AWFUL.
I saw 2 airballs from 3 and 1 from the FT line.

MadBird

What does that say about the ACC? UVA was 13 and 7 in the ACC for 3rd place. They were AWFUL.
I saw 2 airballs from 3 and 1 from the FT line.
Full disclosure -- I'm a big Tony Bennett and "assistant" Brad Soderberg fan. Watch as much VA hoops as I can. That said --

VA was "awful" last night, at least during the first half. Or let's say especially in the first half. I think they ended up something like 3-17 from three for the game, and missed a bunch of FT's. Not a good night for the Hoos. They kind of held serve in the second half, but had dug themselves a 20 point first half hole. How the son of the great Dick Bennett, creator of the "blocker/mover" offense, could stand there and watch his team launch three after three rimming out, or as Baltimore says just drawing air, totally blew my mind. No wonder Dick doesn't go to the games. Made watching Mrs. MadBird's alma mater Minnesota much easier, much less switching.

I've seen VA look much better this year. But overall, almost all of the ACC "top teams" have looked bad against not so good competition this year. At least competition with not so good records. Just look at NC State running all the way to tournament championship.

FriscoBird90

If you are an ACC fan or someone who placed a fair amount of money on the ACC teams, you might be a little nervous right about now. In addition to the ACC's third best team, Virginia, getting smoked by the sixth best team in the Mountain West, the ACC's two "blue bloods," UNC and Duke, were both beaten by the ACC's tenth-place NC State in their conference tournament. UNC's loss in their conference tournament final might be the more concerning when you consider NC State was playing their fifth game in five days and had to be running on fumes the second half, if not all game.

Good thing the selection committee passed on someone like Indiana State in favor of the likes of Virginia. (Sarcasm font.)

ISU86

If you are an ACC fan or someone who placed a fair amount of money on the ACC teams, you might be a little nervous right about now. In addition to the ACC's third best team, Virginia, getting smoked by the sixth best team in the Mountain West, the ACC's two "blue bloods," UNC and Duke, were both beaten by the ACC's tenth-place NC State in their conference tournament. UNC's loss in their conference tournament final might be the more concerning when you consider NC State was playing their fifth game in five days and had to be running on fumes the second half, if not all game.

Good thing the selection committee passed on someone like Indiana State in favor of the likes of Virginia. (Sarcasm font.)
And Bilas felt Pittsburgh got slighted (last year it was Clemson, both ACC schools (the same conference Bilas' played in with Duke)).

cubird

ISU Blue should of had the VA bid. Even ESPN pundits discussed last night. Thought I was going to fall out of my bed!

Dmills

NCAA
Drake vs Washington State - Thursday 9:05 pm - truTV

NIT
Bradley @ Cincinatti - Saturday 1 pm - ESPN+
Indiana State vs Minnesota - Sunday 1 pm - ESPN2

CBI
Evansville vs Quinnipiac - Sunday 4:30 pm - FloHoops

Last edited:

RedbirdSoxFan

NCAA
Drake vs Washington State - Thursday 9:05 pm - truTV

NIT
Bradley @ Cincinatti - Saturday 2 pm - ESPN+
Indiana State vs Minnesota - Sunday 2 pm - ESPN2

CBI
Evansville vs Quinnipiac - Sunday 4:30 pm - FloHoops
Those NIT game times are Eastern Time (1 pm Central Time)

FriscoBird90

And Bilas felt Pittsburgh got slighted (last year it was Clemson, both ACC schools (the same conference Bilas' played in with Duke)).
Bilas is the Eddie Haskell of NCAA basketball. Says one thing in one place, then says the opposite somewhere else when he thinks nobody is aware of what he previously said.

topiarydan

THE VALLEY SUCKS - SURE WE DO TOO BUT WE OWE NOTHING TO THE VALLEY - ITS DONE NOTHING!!! WE ARE A MINOR LEAGUE CONFEREENCE - LEAVE THE VALLEY -

Top Bottom