Yes....it's true :(

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

First off, I'm very sorry for the downtime this weekend. What was supposed to be a routine update to the site turned into the site going the way of Wichita St's Valley membership status.

So...they great crash of 2017 has happened. That means it's all gone. You will need to re-register and all the posts are gone. I am so sorry. It has not been a good weekend.

I ask for your patience as I re-create the site. It's going to take a bit to get back to full speed. I'll get the forums back up so you can post and I'll get a red/white look and feel going. It might be a little different, but it will exist.

If by Monday afternoon something isn't working right, please let me know either here or PM. Thanks for your understanding and for being a member of this site.

ISUBU

Thanks for your work on this! As Joni Mitchell sang, "you don't know what you've got til it's gone."

BTbird

Thanks for all of your effort on this. I don't know what I would do If I couldn't over analyze and argue about an 18 year old's basketball skills before I have ever seen him play.

SgtHulka

I'm just thankful that as an IT professional, you followed protocol and ran a backup prior to the upgrade.
:lol:
seriously, glad you are working hard behind the curtain to keep this going.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
SgtHulka said:
I'm just thankful that as an IT professional, you followed protocol and ran a backup prior to the upgrade.
:lol:
seriously, glad you are working hard behind the curtain to keep this going.
Shut up. That wasn't the problem. It was phpbb's terrible software!

I have backups now.

chuckie1980

I am not surprised by this "crap". Thanks, quinn!! I really really really missed the website while you were working on things.

DougSutton

It's all good, it's part of life. And I appreciate all of the work you've put into this over time and Brian before you. Time to embrace the reset and move forward. Not that I care that much but are these color palates set? Seems a little SIU red on the sides on my monitor.

On another note, while we're in the process of this re-set, is there any way to not show total post count under a poster's profile? I feel in the past too many people cared more about their total post count than the quality of dialogue they were having. :D Just my perspective ;)

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I can play with the colors. Was just trying to get some red in. Might be more maroon.

I see both sides with the post count. I know now it doesn't matter because we are all at 0 but I also think it can be an important metric.

DougSutton

Agreed on post counts being a great metric from an internal perspective, just not so much if it feeds one's ego :lol:

Regardless, I'm grateful to have this forum. I do have a development team I work with that I'm happy to donate some time to for custom branding IF you'd like me to check into it. No worries otherwise. I just understand how time consuming and energetically taxing a site like this can be over and above having a life outside of Redbirdfan.net

RBFANTOO

isuquinndog said:
I can play with the colors. Was just trying to get some red in. Might be more maroon.

I see both sides with the post count. I know now it doesn't matter because we are all at 0 but I also think it can be an important metric.

When I first saw this non-redbird red I thought the Russians hacked the RBF site. :p

Bird Friend

Thank you for getting us back up and running. Greatly appreciate the work you do for us!

Birdman

Well if there's one nice thing, I can use the name Birdman instead of BirdmanBB. Probably some inactive user from long ago.

reggieman

Yes, you do a very good job and few take the time to realize it is time consuming and someone has to pay the costs -

fourthandshort

quinn .. much appreciate what you went thru. sh-t happens and sounds like you did everything you could.

i like the post counts .. sometimes it comes in handy to know how long and how often people have been posting. I could care less if someone is trying to jack their counts ... we can always ignore.

Thanks again Quinn ... your efforts are appreciated !

10kinmidwest

Very much appreciated Quinn. While my fandom level varies by season it's nice to always have this home to come back to

Top Bottom