WR Edgar status ???

fourthandshort

very tough break for Edgar getting injured again. I can't remember if he came back into game or not. The announcers never said a word about it after the injury happened. They clearly didn't quite understand how important he is to our WR group ... he is a stud and makes everyone better simply by being on the field by drawing more attention and with everyone else dropping 1 slot in pecking order.

Was he back on field at all yesterday ? Did anyone hear a status ?

Hope he's ok whether its in time for NDSU or not. But getting him back for NDSU would sure be nice.

TIMMY

fourthandshort said:
very tough break for Edgar getting injured again. I can't remember if he came back into game or not. The announcers never said a word about it after the injury happened. They clearly didn't quite understand how important he is to our WR group ... he is a stud and makes everyone better simply by being on the field by drawing more attention and with everyone else dropping 1 slot in pecking order.

Was he back on field at all yesterday ? Did anyone hear a status ?

Hope he's ok whether its in time for NDSU or not. But getting him back for NDSU would sure be nice.
I was looking for him on the hands team but I couldn't tell for sure. I didn't see him. That kid is surely snake bitten. Just having him out there stretches the field. Hope he's ready!

Birdswin

No, the announcers did say in the fourth quarter Edgar was out due to concussion protocol. Then Dick and Ted said the same thing on the post-game show.

fourthandshort

Birdswin said:
No, the announcers did say in the fourth quarter Edgar was out due to concussion protocol. Then Dick and Ted said the same thing on the post-game show.

thanks, I missed that ... not looking good for him playing inside of a week. Though not sure they confirmed concussion .. fact that he took is helmet off as he sat on the field says to me, he knew it. Wish him nothing but the best .... he should not risk anything by playing next week. Need to let it heal right.

Save yourself for next season and the rest of your life

Virginia Redbird

Feel sorry for Edgar. He really seems to be having a run of bad luck this season injury-wise. I would love to have him playing against the Bison but don't want to mess with a concussion if that is the diagnosis. Best wishes for a full and quick recovery.

crazzymark

according to the write up today, was a precautionary thing and no concussion. will be in the game Saturday

JHBird

Seemed like the DB landed on his head/neck. I worried it was a concussion.

fourthandshort

crazzymark said:
according to the write up today, was a precautionary thing and no concussion. will be in the game Saturday
That would be awesome news for Edgar and the tea.

Do you have a link ?

ISU_DirtyBird

fourthandshort said:
crazzymark said:
That would be awesome news for Edgar and the tea.

Do you have a link ?

Reinhart's notebook on the pantagraph- see the section regarding edgar

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-state/austin-nagel-finds-opening-scores-first-illinois-state-touchdown-in/article_70e35203-3a0c-53fc-b63b-da5db7d3c478.html

fourthandshort

Randy just posted tweet on game thread ... confirmed Edgar has been medically cleared to play. Great news for him and team !!

CaliRdBrd

We need any kind of emotional lift we can get. Hopefully, this is it!

Top Bottom