Welcome QB Zack Annexstad

Total Red

Staff member
This gives us hope for next season. Maybe Waring or one of the other freshman could make a major step up in ’22 and be the QB we need but that hope seems more optimistic than realistic. We needed a veteran QB to come in. Annexstad has some rust, that’s for sure. He started 7 games for Minnesota in 2018 and none since. But hopefully he has used the practice time well and he’s now more experienced better developed mentally and physically. I’ve been watching video and I like his release and his ability to throw different styles of passes based on the situation. He does have a tendency to lock on a receiver and there are concerns about mobility. Annexstad had negative rushing yarding in ’18. We’ll need to look for additional pass blocking help for the O-Line. A Left Tackle transfer would help. If we can get him the protection he needs, I think the offense could take off. Zack can work out in Horton in Jan and Feb. In March most days should be good for working out on the Hancock turf. Spring practice is in April. Then hopefully the WR’s and DB’s stick around in for May, June and July for 7 on 7. In August it’s practice time again. By then Annexstad should know his teammates and the offense. The QB room got better today. That’s a good thing. I wouldn’t stop. We stockpile RB’s, why not QB’s.

MadBird

Way to get your man, sheriff!

I think he'll do just fine. He was replaced by a PJ Fleck "favorite", was gonna be hard for him to knock Morgan out of the picture. 6'3, 220 lbs. Nice.

And what's not to like about a guy from Norseland MN?

Virginia Redbird

Nothing against Waring at all but ISU needed some experience at the QB position. The QB room was just very, very young with the departure of Jefferson. They have been adding some O linemen, both portal and HS recruits to protect whoever is in the pocket. Now Spack has to fix the offensive coaching staff. Very happy to have this former Gopher get out from underground and soar as a Redbird.

DaveBird10

Welcome Zack, love the addition and a guy who has B1G starting experience. Continue to build and add to that o-line (a tackle to compete with Asche and Zambrano would be nice) and receivers!!!

MadBird

Somebody with better skills than me should copy in Zack's twitter post, an enthusiastic post about working with the guys at ISU and bringing a championship to old state U.!

Trey_Guidry4three

Very happy to see this guy pick ISU over MAC schools such as Eastern Michigan, Akron and NIU. This is a program changing transfer. Welcome Zack!

MadBird

Some of you might enjoy a visit to the Minnesota board to see some mostly positive comments about Zack, mostly on the last two pages. Some interesting comments about the portal. One guy calls ISU a "shitty" program. Couple comments wishing us luck vs. Badgers in the fall! :)

Total Red

Staff member
I was at the Bradley basketball game last night and I thought the halftime entertainment could have been better. Ok, the guy on the Tron bike was kind of cool but what I really wanted was for Zack to be introduced to the crowd and then have him throw about 100 mini footballs into the upper bowl.

lakesbison

Great pickup. .Im a Minnesota guy, I feel that PJ's manlove for Tanner went a big far and Zach never got a fair shake.

Top Bottom