Welcome New HC Allie Matters!

Dmills

At a quick glance, appears to be a great hire. Up and coming coach who turned Wright State's program around. In the Spring of 2021, Wright State won the first NCAA tournament match in Horizon League history vs. Samford. This same season, she was named the AVCA Northeast Region Coach of the Year and HL coach of the year (Spring 2021). Also was named HL coach of the year in 2019.

Last edited:

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
She has experience for sure, which is a good thing. I think it could be a real good thing. Welcome Coach Matters!

Dmills

ISU beat Wright State in 5 sets on 9/11/21 in the Flyer-Raider tournament

BirdGrad2011

Brennan is on a heater with his hires this week. Love this one from a quick glance. Big shoes to feel but her resume looks up for the challenge.

Dmills

Since we lost Tamara Otene to Georgia Tech and Aliyah Moore to Michigan State, was going to mention possibly the top 3 candidates at Wright State that, if they followed their coach, could make an immediate impact here.

Jenna Story - Libero from Louisville, KY. 3-time HL defensive player of the year, appears to have 1 year of eligibility remaining. Obviously, we already have Kaity at Libero, so don't know if this is realistic.

Lainey Stephenson - Setter from Park Hills, KY. Spring 2021 HL Setter of the year, Second team All-Horizon this past season, appears to have 1 year of eligbility remaining

Callie (not Kaylee) Martin - Right Side Hitter from Louisville, KY. Second team All-Horizon this past season, appears to have 2 years of eligibility remaining

Adunk33

Staff member
What a month for Kyle Brennan. It's easy to forget he was leading two head coaching searches for one of the most successful programs on campus (vb) in addition to the one that gets the most attentions (mbb), while also focusing on the fundraising campaign a few weeks ago. It's not an easy job but he seems to be doing a great job.

Welcome, coach! Keep the Birds at the top of The Valley. You are inheriting a spoiled fan base that is used to MVC tournament titles and NCAA bids.

SgtHulka

What a month for Kyle Brennan. It's easy to forget he was leading two head coaching searches for one of the most successful programs on campus (vb) in addition to the one that gets the most attentions (mbb), while also focusing on the fundraising campaign a few weeks ago. It's not an easy job but he seems to be doing a great job.

Welcome, coach! Keep the Birds at the top of The Valley. You are inheriting a spoiled fan base that is used to MVC tournament titles and NCAA bids.
He's hitting a grand slam on paper so far. Same with the new prez

SgtHulka

"When you think of the Missouri Valley (Conference in volleyball), you think of Illinois State," said Matters. "As soon as Leah took the job at Michigan State I thought, 'Damn, that's a good job (at ISU).' Bradley actually called me a month before, and it didn't feel the same. When I heard from Illinois State, I couldn't contain my excitement."

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Top Bottom