Welcome Back Abdou!

TBS_20

must have been offered more playing time after dusan left

TBS_20

allows dan another year to scour the world for another ndiyae

JHBird

Nobody has said much about the progression of Alston Andrews. Has there been any?
I've been wondering about him as well. I'm hoping the new assistant coach can help there as far as player development goes. Hiring him might be the lone bright spot in this off season.

JHBird

Those last two open spots need to be impact type guys

CB2K

Welcome back Abdou!

I like what I see with Kendall Lewis and I think Abdou would be a very complimentary piece with him in the front court. They are both long and athletic and could develop into a nice defensive tandem. Another year of Washington and hopefully Reeves and there are some bright spots to look forward to. Looking for positives and things to build on for the upcoming season.

ISU FAN 1

Seemed like a good opportunity to be rid of an unproductive player, and erase an obvious scholarship mistake. Why on earth would Dan take him back? Seems clear there were no takers in the portal for his services. Dan’s officially looking up to see the bottom of the barrel.

BirdGrad2011

Seemed like a good opportunity to be rid of an unproductive player, and erase an obvious scholarship mistake. Why on earth would Dan take him back? Seems clear there were no takers in the portal for his services. Dan’s officially looking up to see the bottom of the barrel.
Bad post. Ndiaye left a lot to be desired, but showed some solid flashes. No reason that with a full summer he can’t be a productive and net positive role player. Even if he can just be more consistent from 3 that opens the floor for that pick and pop they ran a bit last year.

Bird Friend

Now let's just get Reeves back and confirmed so we'll at least be competitive
The NBA "combine" is the week of June 21. If Reeves is not selected to play in the combine, then he'll need to make his decision about returning, transferring, or trying to play pro overseas. So, Dan has to leave one opening until at least June 21 if hopes to get Tone back.

Baltimore Bird

I like having a few shot blockers on the inside with Lewis, Chatman and Abdou. Can any of them score consistently? I don't know about that.

cubird

The Pantagraph Abdou article has a 5 minute 2019 Lewis Video. Long, lean, smooth handles, and range. He should be a player in the Valley.

ISU FAN 1

Bad post. Ndiaye left a lot to be desired, but showed some solid flashes. No reason that with a full summer he can’t be a productive and net positive role player. Even if he can just be more consistent from 3 that opens the floor for that pick and pop they ran a bit last year.
Dan’s desperate when he takes back a player that was part of the reason ISU finished last in the MVC. If you’re setting the bar at another 10th place finish, this was a good get. Ndiaye can deliver that. Have the expectations for this program really reached that point?

CaliRdBrd

Maybe Ndiaye develops (let’s hope so ‘cause he showed me nothing last season) , but to think he’s going to be a key component on a competitive Redbird roster is folly.

TBS_20

Dan’s desperate when he takes back a player that was part of the reason ISU finished last in the MVC. If you’re setting the bar at another 10th place finish, this was a good get. Ndiaye can deliver that. Have the expectations for this program really reached that point?
yes they have. i mean we had matt hein play a significant role.

DWRedbird

So per this logic, every year you don't finish first you should clear the roster and start over with 13 new guys?

ricohill

Agree, he took back Ndiaye and Chatman because he wasn’t going to get anyone better. He claimed in the Pantagraph he’s holding out for someone great to fill the last two scholarships. Which is just bs. I think Ndiaye is fine as a role player, but he’s not going to be a difference maker.

What happens if Reeves doesn’t come back? We will be worse at the guard positions and worse in the post coming off a last place finish when every other team in the league is getting better.

Top Bottom