vs Western Kentucky - 11/22/2022 - 10:00 AM - FloHoops

ISU86

Cayman Island Classic opener went about as poorly, especially early on, as some feared.

The consolation semifinal, on the other hand, will serve as a good measuring stick. WKU is 3-1 overall, but only 1-1 versus D-I competition (winning by six at Eastern Kentucky before their quarterfinal loss to Akron (by a larger margin than ours versus LSU)).

Assuming Kasubke is able to play reasonable minutes (16-20), allowing Coach Pedon to comfortably go eight deep, I think we can get this one.

Redbirds 65, Hilltoppers 63

Dmills

I have a hard time seeing us winning this game despite some of WKU's struggles. I hope I'm wrong.

Bird Friend

I have a hard time seeing us winning this game despite some of WKU's struggles. I hope I'm wrong.
Well, I'll have a hard time seeing them win or lose since I'm not paying for FloHoops . . .

Redbird Alum 2004

We have to learn to be strong with the ball. The level of freak out when a defender is on them is spectacular. There is far too much dribbling and not enough swinging the ball. We have a shot today if Pedon lights them up before the game because the last two games have had horrendous first halves only to play "better" in the second half.

DoubleDeuce

Looks like they have a 7'5" senior that's quite capable and was a hot commodity when he briefly put his name in the transfer portal before backing out. Hopefully we prove more capable defending and rebounding on the block today.

Birdman85

We have to learn to be strong with the ball. The level of freak out when a defender is on them is spectacular. There is far too much dribbling and not enough swinging the ball. We have a shot today if Pedon lights them up before the game because the last two games have had horrendous first halves only to play "better" in the second half.
Agree. We really struggled against NWST at home with this. Simply catching the ball was a chore.

cpacmel

They have a transfer from Kentucky they played in their first games. Yesterday they sat him out because of some eligibility issues. Will be interesting to see if he's available today or not.

stats

Through November 20th, Western Kentucky's Luke Frampton was leading the country in three point field goal percentage at 81.25% (13 for 16). I imagine he has slumped all the way down to 14 for 20 since the announcer said he was shooting 70%.

Top Bottom