vs UIC 3/23 2:00 ESPN+

Dmills

Game start time was moved from 5:00 to 2:00 so I will not be able to make it in person or be able to watch online. Might get there for the ending depending on circumstances. Not too optimistic that this game gets played. Forecast does not look great and it doesn't look like moving it up to 2:00 will help much.

Anyways, good opportunity to get back to .500 against a future Valley foe. UIC is 5-10 on the season. They suffered a 4 game sweep at #3 Arkansas, playing them tight in 2 games. I am sure they are better than their record, but a game we need to win! Sean Sinisko (4.3 ERA in 14.2 IP) is scheduled to be on the bump after losing his start in the Purdue series due to the cancellation.

Dmills

Just caught the end of the game. Rainy and miserable conditions so it was nice seeing 0 errors. Cermak came back from a COVID-related absence and drilled home runs in his first 2 at bats. He also smoked one to center field (which in my opinion probably should have been an error) off the center fielder's glove and was ruled a double. Gile homered as well. Wyman ended up pitching 3 perfect innings in relief of Sinisko. After being up 5-0, the bullpen allowed some runs that helped UIC keep it close before Mabee and Hart came in and shut the door. 9-5 final score. Redbirds improve to 8-8 on the season with 5 games remaining on the home stand.

Top Bottom