vs SLU 3/25-3/27 ESPN3

Dmills

Birds face off against the Billikens this weekend. Should be a good challenge. 1 last chance for the primary starters to clean things up in the final 3 game set before conference play opens at Indiana State next weekend.

SLU has really started to heat up lately after a slow start to the season. They started the season 1-6 and have now won 10 of their last 12 to bring their record to 11-8. Their schedule so far has been pretty mediocre with their toughest opponents being Mizzou, SEMO, and Oral Roberts who they have gone 0-4 against. Most of the teams they have beaten have been pretty awful.

Friday 3:00 (ESPN3) - Salata
Saturday 3:00 - Sinisko
Sunday 2:00 (ESPN3) - Lussier?

Last edited:

Dmills

Started off the game with 12 runs in the first 2 innings. In the second inning, McCaw was up to bat up 6-0 with 2 on and nobody out as I thought to myself, "I can't believe they haven't taken the pitcher out, this is going to be trouble." McCaw proceeded to hit a 3 run blast.

Salata went 6 innings and allowed 3 runs. Currently up 13-3 during the 7th inning stretch. Every Redbird in the starting lineup has scored a run.

Dmills

Krause got in yesterday and unfortunately had a tough outing in his first home game. It's got to be a win every time he is able to take the mound for himself, his family, and his teammates though. He's about as easy to root for as a guy can be. Hopefully he gets another opportunity coming up soon, maybe vs EIU or Iowa prior to conference play. Baseball is a game of ups and downs and good seasons and bad seasons so really not worried about him, just hope he sticks with it and we can celebrate more of his successes with him.

RS Freshman Jonathon Sabotnik had his first career home run yesterday as well.

Game today was cancelled due to wind chill. Tomorrow's game becomes more crucial now. Hopefully we are sitting at 11-9 or better going into conference play! Sunday's game is now at 2:00 on ESPN3.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Lost the final game 8-2. Now 9-9 overall. Iowa also cancelled.

Looks like we went up 1-0 early but that was about it for the offense.

Top Bottom