vs Louisiana State - 11/21/2022 - 10:00 AM - FloHoops

ISU86

Four games in and this squad could very easily be undefeated or winless.

The meatiest part of the non-conference schedule was always going to be these three Cayman Islands Classic games, the toughest of which (on paper) is this match-up. We should know a lot about how this team stands and where this season is headed come Thursday.

Maybe more of a hope or wish with this score:

Tigers 70, Redbirds 62

NOTE: FloHoops? Sigh! One would think with CBSSN, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNews, ESPNU, FS1, FS2, FSN, Stadium, etc. a D-I tournament could align with a better television partner than a PPV streamer.

The Beak

Don't see the birds winning this one, but if they play well they should make a game of it. Will be interesting to see how our bigs handle themselves against P5 competition.

Dmills

This is an interesting LSU team. Some of their top players include former Illinois guard, Adam Miller, as well as a handful of transfers from Murray State in KJ Williams, Justice Hill, and Trae Hannibal. I am sure Kendall Lewis is looking forward to a rematch with KJ after last year.

stats

NOTE: FloHoops? Sigh! One would think with CBSSN, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNews, ESPNU, FS1, FS2, FSN, Stadium, etc. a D-I tournament could align with a better television partner than a PPV streamer.
I am guessing Flohoops is a monthly subscription we would need to sign up for to watch the game? Any information would be helpful.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely. Agreed. I was not going there. Sorry, Quinn.
I understand. But with it being Flo Hoops that's going to be the only LEGAL way to watch it. Any thing else is going around their broadcast of the game. Just like if it was on ESPN and you didn't have cable. Finding a way to not pay for it is a way around it. Unless it's at a bar or something.

Redbird222

We should learn a lot about this team ove r the next three days. The competition is good and we will see how the Birds fare. I think Nothwestern St., given the transfers, is better than most people realized.

I am guessing 1 - 2 record on the trip but would like to see better.

More importantly, I am looking for

1. Being competitive in all games start to finish
2. Improvement on the offensive end especially in turnovers and handling on the ball pressure
3. How we handle playing against larger front courts (I am assuming this will happen)
4. Lewis has been consistent performer but the rest of the team has not. We have had 2 or 3 players perform well each game but not collectively as a unit. When this happens we will be a better team.

Go Birds!!

Adunk33

Staff member
The team is beating themselves going into the first media time out. 5 turnover in the first 5.

Flohoops broadcast isn’t bad. Really close angle to the court but they’re in a high school, so what would you expect?

MVC friend, Scott Warman on the broadcast.

Adunk33

Staff member
6 turnovers and 3 points in 6 minutes is probably not going to win you a game.

Birdfriend72

The team is beating themselves going into the first media time out. 5 turnover in the first 5.

Flohoops broadcast isn’t bad. Really close angle to the court but they’re in a high school, so what would you expect?

MVC friend, Scott Warman on the broadcast.
Need to pass the ball. Too much dribbling, no screen and rolls. 0 offense. LSU has all new players and they are running and offense!

Manchester Matt

The damn live stats link through the tournament website still says the game hasn't started. Ridiculous.

Top Bottom