vs Drake, 2/24, 1:00 PM, CBSSN [Senior Day]

ISU86

Can this group pull it back together on Senior Day? Here's hoping (and that is all it may be at this point) yes for Keyshawn, Phil, Milik & William.

Bulldogs 67
Redbirds 69

B

BirdGrad2011

Drake 74
Birds 59

Another embarrassing performance and no signs of an offense with bad shots and zero movement. McGlynn solidifies his spot on the MVC first team. Yarbrough gets benched for his bad attitude on Senior Day.

Birdswin

With all the parents there - I have to believe the effort level will be there in the beginning. Whether that translates to points, is a whole other question.

If have players shooting the ball just because they are open - in others just shooting because they feel like it is the right thing to do versus shooting the ball with confidence and knowing you will make it, because it is within rhythm - there is a HUGE difference between the two.

Do not foul some one shooting a 3 - also - stop SAGGING off of the 3-point shooters - just stupid defense - ever wonder why every team seems to shoot their season best against us???? Guards who sag back towards the lane for no reason, other than to draw an occasional reach in foul. The only time sagging in makes sense - dominate inside players - no team in the Valley has one - laziness sucks.

V Boy

It all starts with defense and shutting down the perimeter. No defense. No win.

In games we have won the offense and offensive energy comes from defensive execution and stops.

91Bird

If this team can't win this game...at home...senior day...backs against the wall to avoid the Thursday BU Invitational...pissed off from 5 losses in a row...then things are worse than I thought they were.

Chi-bird

I think the likely scenario is that we win this one by 25-20, get an over-inflated head, then lose out.

Baltimore Bird

I always think we are going to win our home games. Not sure why after the last 2.
BIrds 63, Dogs 59

RedbirdMan

I imagine ISU loses this game but it would be very very huge if they didn’t. If my calculations are correct winning this game and Loyola beating SIU and Valpo will probably finish at 8-10 or 9-9 so ISU won’t pass them unless they somehow win out. A win today and an SIU loss makes the regular season finale for 7th place and that will be a huge advantage over the 8-9 game IMO. All that being said.....

Drake-74
ISU-68

SgtHulka

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-state/evans-happy-to-share-isu-senior-day-with-parents-normal/article_73e63b62-77c3-5cf3-b79e-d892b2e3ac7f.html

Manchester Matt

RedbirdMan said:
I imagine ISU loses this game but it would be very very huge if they didn’t. If my calculations are correct winning this game and Loyola beating SIU and Valpo will probably finish at 8-10 or 9-9 so ISU won’t pass them unless they somehow win out. A win today and an SIU loss makes the regular season finale for 7th place and that will be a huge advantage over the 8-9 game IMO. All that being said.....

Drake-74
ISU-68

Valpo isn’t winning at Bradley, so they’ll finish 8-10 at best.

Win today or Wednesday and it comes down to the SIU game to see which disappointing program, the salukis or Redbirds, will join the three Indiana schools on Thursday night.

gobirds85

We really need this game. Hope the seniors can close it out and stop the bleeding.

Birds 62
the drake 59

It might not be pretty but a win is a win and staying out of The jimmy "worth" less Thursday night invitational is crucial.

Top Bottom