vs. Austin Peay

Cindy00

Nice double digit win by the ladies tonight. They held the Governors to 5 points in the 4th quarter. Goods is playing really well right now. It will be nice when Saylor, Crompton, & Talbot are healthy & can give the rest of the team some rest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Morans14

Cindy00 said:
Nice double digit win by the ladies tonight. They held the Governors to 5 points in the 4th quarter. Goods is playing really well right now. It will be nice when Saylor, Crompton, & Talbot are healthy & can give the rest of the team some rest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Maggett is fun to watch. If you haven't been to a ladies basketball game in awhile, you should check it out. These ladies are building something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reggie Redbird

Morans14 said:
normalbird said:
Tete, TeTe, or T.T.?
TeTe. She's getting better every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She has a solid ability to score and did a good job handling the ball for the entire 40 minutes. They pressed too, so she was having to spend a lot of energy trying to get free. She also wasn't taking time off during the possessions either.

An important thing to point out: 11 assists, 10 turnovers. Wow! That's solid considering I don't think we had many, if any, with more assists than TOs during Barb's tenure. That was one of my key areas of improvement with the new staff, and we did it in a game where we were down two ball handlers, including our starting PG.

Huge game by Goods. She's putting up All-American like stats right now. This game, 22 points, 14 rebounds, 10-11 from the line. 16.6 PPG and 9.1 RPG for the season right now, and she's spending a lot of time double-teamed. If we're winning games while we're extremely short-handed, a big part is going to be her scoring in the post. 36-46 (.783) from the line so far this year - wow! Awesome numbers there.

One thing this team will need to do is gain confidence in wide-open shots. If they're doubling Goods or TeTe, then someone else is wide open. If we're putting up good looks, take the shot. Or drive a little bit and hit the pull-up jumper. I started seeing more of that as the game rolled on, and they started falling.

Cindy is right on about getting this team healthy. You aren't going to be able to ride most players for 35-40 MPG for long stretches of time. Even if you have the cardio to do it, the rest of their bodies may be wearing down and more prone to injuries. Luckily Beck was able to go yesterday, but it's hard to put 38 minutes on someone with an injured ankle.

If some of these injuries don't heal up sooner rather than later, they may want to hold an open tryout just to get some depth on the bench for games where we're up big or down big. This team could really use a walk-on or two, like when the 15-16 team added Morgan Radtke as a soph walk-on.

Top Bottom