Vandenburgh wins Buchanan!

fourthandshort

Lot of Zeke threads to choose from .. but not sure if this highlight reel has been posted yet. It goes fast, so be ready to find #5 .. mostly left side, some right side. Never full realized how active his arms were during his pass rush ... dude was so special. He got better every year and everything came together this year for him.

Great reel: https:

Adunk33

Did I see he did not get invited to the Combine? How does that happen?

fourthandshort

Did I see he did not get invited to the Combine? How does that happen?
he wasn't really on anyone's radar until later this year as his numbers kept piling up, especially our last 2 games against SDSU and WIU. Reminder, Zeke started very strong, but then was injured, eventually missing ISUb game and playing <100% against NDSU mid-season:

Here is SDSU + WIU stat line for Zeke .. that's a solid 6 game stretch for most players:

27 tackles

6.5 sacks

8 TFL

1 interception

1 forced fumble

1 pass breakup

Redbirdwarrior

wait, what the hell? He is the best player in FCS and among the best players in football and he is drafted to the USFL?
How does this change the NFL draft?

Total Red

Staff member
wait, what the hell? He is the best player in FCS and among the best players in football and he is drafted to the USFL?
How does this change the NFL draft?
It shouldn't have any effect. If a NFL team wants him they will draft him as he would be expected to choose the NFL. He might even take a NFL free agent offer over the USFL. The USFL draft only proves that he is a desirable pro player.

fourthandshort

Going to guess some NFL people told him to go CFL to develop further and improve his stock. Got to suck for CFL to draft someone who might also be an NFL draft pick or high level UDFA ... so I'm guessing there is some amount of checking and collaboration .. maybe not, I dunno.

fourthandshort

NFL scouts think SDSU TE Kraft could eventually be a starter. Not quite the Dallas Goedert level .. but that is some high random praise from a fellow conf mate and stud.

For the record, that was the game I highlighted from Zeke ... he was the main reason we were in that game into the 3rd qtr with no pass or run game to speak of by then. He wreaked havoc on them most of the game. And they were not just the best team in country, but alsoone of the best all around offenses in the country .. they could do it all on offense, and Zeke helped us shut them down until a couple of big plays eventually loosened everything up.

Tucker Kraft Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Overview
Combination tight end with the projectable skill set to handle pass-catching and run-blocking duties at the next level. Currently, he’s a more effective blocker in space than in-line, but that is correctable with better hand usage and proper angles of entry into his base blocks. Kraft provides formational versatility that will be appealing for teams that make heavy use of 12 personnel (two tight ends). He has the body control and catch toughness to be more than just a traditional Y tight end. Kraft has Day 2 talent and should see the field early with a chance to become a TE1.

Top Bottom