Valpo Home Opener

Total Red

Staff member
We welcome undefeated Valpo to town. The Beacons come in 1-0, fresh off a 20-17 thrashing of Indiana Wesleyan. fourth gave us 99-1 odds of winning this game which is just asking for trouble. Professional oddsmakers only gave Wisconsin a 97% chance of beating the Redbirds and Valpo has a better chance against us than we did against the Badgers. Translation - we better shake off the loss quickly and get ready to rumble again. The Redbirds need to take a firm grip on things from the opening kickoff and make sure the big plays go our way this time.

TIMMY

Indiana Wesleyan is a top 25 NAIA team and Valpo beat them by 3 on a 50-yard field go with less than 2 minutes left. So I guess they can kick good and want to learn how to do other stuff good too.

If we lose to these guys I'm climbing to the top of the press box and doing a triple gainer.

44-3. They kick a touchdown.

fourthandshort

17 AFCA voters put us in the top 25 after our 38-0 loss to Wisky .. they must have seen something like we saw.

Bumping my win probability to 99.5 / 0.5.

And while that does very little to improve our chances of a W, it cuts Valpo's chances in half !!!!!

As for their kicker ... on his first kick

1662558269793.png

Virginia Redbird

This should be a win for the Redbirds. I am more concerned that they get the "W" and avoid any serious injuries. The Birds just need to take care of business this week. The following week they play Eastern who took NIU to the wire before losing as time ran out last week. EIU looks to be improved.

ISUBU

Gotta take these guys seriously and not beat ourselves.

I will never forget the 2007 top ten rated Birds losing to Drake on a tipped pass with under a minute to go. We dominated the first half before the wheels fell off.

And a couple of years later we used a 2 point conversion to beat Division II Central Missouri.

We should win handily, but things can go wrong.

fourthandshort

BREAKING NEWS ... Fourthandshort doubles down again putting Redbird Win Probability at 99.75 / 0.25 .. again cutting Valpo's chance of a Win in half. Watch this news move the Betting line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

for the record, hope the kid is ok and plays. I would much rather face their 1st string QB ... and kicker .. I called of the sweep the leg order.

MadBird

Last time ISU v. Valpo, Birds come out on top, 50-13. We came back the next weekend and beat Big 10+ foe NU, 9-7. Then promptly lost 4 in a row. Goofy. We finished 6-6 on the year, losing in the first round of the playoffs. Valpo finished 4-7.

Obviously, you have to like our chances in this one, even tho we got shut out last week.

Our offense is still a question mark, even tho there was much promise last week. Gotta account for the change from Mueller to Wright and others. I like my theory from last week, tho, which I used to predict for the Badgers - a TD and a FG each quarter, for 40 points. Valpo will get a couple scores in the 4th Q. Zach Annexstad gets it going.

Redbirds -- 40
Brown Team -- 10

Birgs

I don't think we go from scoring nothing last week to hanging 50 tonight, but I do love our defense and maybe we get a couple of pick-6's. Let's get that RB rotation going to figure things out moving forward. Annexstad slings a few homers. I'll go 42-6 (missed 2 pt Valpo conversion).

Yes, I'm a football dork.

crazzymark

good to see so many season ticket holders raking the lawn and not showing up....again.

Bird Friend

Muffed punt and Valpo recovers in the end zone . . . Valpo up 14-7 . . . yeesh

Manchester Matt

It’s a painful watch in all aspects. Graphics, camera work, announcers, etc and so on.

Doesn’t help that we are letting an inferior opponent hang around far too long.

Top Bottom