Transfer Portal - promising FCS QB available

fourthandshort

Not recommending this .. nor would I rule it out. I assume he would have to sit out next fall, but this would give us some competition at QB for 2021... he started for SHSU and was Hero FR all american. He''s a RS JR, and so already used his RS, though he did have an injury .. so wondering if he can medical redshirt this fall instead of sitting out. If not, could he greyshirt this fall and show up in for spring semester ... s that even allowed at this point ?

https://twitter.com/chewbrockka11/status/1229508597794689027?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1229548623169556480&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.anygivensaturday.com%2Fshowthread.php%3F241951-Transfer-Portal%2Fpage14

TIMMY

fourthandshort said:
Not recommending this .. nor would I rule it out. I assume he would have to sit out next fall, but this would give us some competition at QB for 2021... he started for SHSU and was Hero FR all american. He''s a RS JR, and so already used his RS, though he did have an injury .. so wondering if he can medical redshirt this fall instead of sitting out. If not, could he greyshirt this fall and show up in for spring semester ... s that even allowed at this point ?

https://twitter.com/chewbrockka11/status/1229508597794689027?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1229548623169556480&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.anygivensaturday.com%2Fshowthread.php%3F241951-Transfer-Portal%2Fpage14
You can't greyshirt. Once your clock starts you can't stop it. Medical maybe. The more competition the better.

Total Red

Staff member
There's a boat load of players in the transfer portal including lots of QBs. Any particular reason for singling this guy out? Do we have some sort of connection?

fourthandshort

Total Red said:
There's a boat load of players in the transfer portal including lots of QBs. Any particular reason for singling this guy out? Do we have some sort of connection?

zero reasoning .... other than I saw it posted on AGS and he was Hero FR all american. Given he will like lose a year while sitting out ... even less advisable.

MadBird

Total Red said:

Holy smokes there are a lot of guys out there. Spose half - or more - are guys that haven't seen the field where they are, for a reason. But if you did your homework, you should be able to come up with some kind of help.

redbirdfan04

Many of us knock the QB recruiting but I feel it is by far the hardest position to keep kids at. Part of me wonders if getting kids through the transfer portal is the best way to find what you are looking for. I am interested to see how many QBs start and end there 4/5 years at a valley school or even an FCS school. Kolbe, Sean McGuire from Western and Easton Stick are the three most recent I can think of.

DannyCooksey

As others have mentioned I am thinking we add an FBS transfer RB. This is not to say I'm not excited and optimistic about the guys we have coming back and coming in. I think all can contribute.

But RB is prob the easiest position to xfer from one program to the next and get immediate help. I'd love to add some vet depth. preferably a big back like JR that can hammer between the tackles.

fourthandshort

DannyCooksey said:
As others have mentioned I am thinking we add an FBS transfer RB. This is not to say I'm not excited and optimistic about the guys we have coming back and coming in. I think all can contribute.

But RB is prob the easiest position to xfer from one program to the next and get immediate help. I'd love to add some vet depth. preferably a big back like JR that can hammer between the tackles.

This ... just need a 1 year guy, though more years is better ... and yes, bigger end. I like Proctor and our young RBs. You just dont know if they'll be ready this fall. Were also assuming Proctor will be 100%, ready for serious reps, not to mention stays healthy. You hate to say it, but that's why you need a good 2 deep or more.

Trey_Guidry4three

fourthandshort said:
DannyCooksey said:

This ... just need a 1 year guy, though more years is better ... and yes, bigger end. I like Proctor and our young RBs. You just dont know if they'll be ready this fall. Were also assuming Proctor will be 100%, ready for serious reps, not to mention stays healthy. You hate to say it, but that's why you need a good 2 deep or more.
:text-+1:

Top Bottom