Time for experiments?

RBII

What would it hurt to:

1 — let the kids coach themselves, vote on a HC

2 —hire a cheap high school coach who shows signs of future brilliance

3 — let a graduate student coach the team

4 — let some parent coach the team

none of these will end any worse than where we’re currently headed and won’t cost any more

ricohill

At this point I would prefer TIMMY and Hulka coaching the team.
Andre The Giant No GIF

Redbirdfan76

Just one man's thoughts.....with many mid majors having to turn over their rosters every year(with the transfer portal so easy to use), why not hire a successful JUCO coach? They rebuild their rosters every year. Or at least hire a successful JUCO coach on your staff to run recruiting. Yes I used "successful JUCO coach" twice. By successful I mean someone who regularly has their team in the JUCO final fours. I do not follow Junior College basketball, so I do not know who might be in that type of group, but was looking at it from a recruiting/roster building standpoint.

crazzymark

What would it hurt to:

1 — let the kids coach themselves, vote on a HC

2 —hire a cheap high school coach who shows signs of future brilliance

3 — let a graduate student coach the team

4 — let some parent coach the team

none of these will end any worse than where we’re currently headed and won’t cost any more
You have never been a head coach..lol

CaliRdBrd

Here’s an experiment they should try...

Play defense
Make baskets.

Redbird222

Just one man's thoughts.....with many mid majors having to turn over their rosters every year(with the transfer portal so easy to use), why not hire a successful JUCO coach? They rebuild their rosters every year. Or at least hire a successful JUCO coach on your staff to run recruiting. Yes I used "successful JUCO coach" twice. By successful I mean someone who regularly has their team in the JUCO final fours. I do not follow Junior College basketball, so I do not know who might be in that type of group, but was looking at it from a recruiting/roster building standpoint.
Devries hired a JUCO coach who had connections to all the NW Indiana talent

Top Bottom