The valley sucks.

Chambotwenty5

Took 48 hours for the valley to solidify itself as a 1 bid conference. It’s like the old saying, you can’t win The Masters on Thursday, but you can lose it… or something like that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bright side, maybe the birds will see Saturday this year at Arch Madness

fdbird83

Took 48 hours for the valley to solidify itself as a 1 bid conference. It’s like the old saying, you can’t win The Masters on Thursday, but you can lose it… or something like that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bright side, maybe the birds will see Saturday this year at Arch Madness
Only if the team stays over after losing a play in game. Sorry if I'm being a downer but after being in school for the first couple of NCAA teams, this is really hard to watch.

gobirds85

I know it's early but these are the games the committee will look at and use as the excuse for not getting an "at large" bid. They always look for reasons to exclude us and we just handed them the golden ticket. Win on Sunday in the Lou. is now the only way in.

Bird Friend

Staff member
Early reviews from Valley fans . . .

model sinks GIF

Manchester Matt

Loyola is the best team in the league and won by almost 60. I think we need to chill for a little bit. If the Ramblers, with their noncon schedule, perform like I expect them to, and then dont win in St. Louis, they'll get in.

UNI can forget about an at-large, but the two best teams in the league haven't done anything to blow their chance yet.

gobirds85

MAC teams have already beaten GA Tech, Washington, and Belmont. Akron lost to osu in the final .3 secs at osu. The valley beat...

Chambotwenty5

It's too early to determine the postseason fate of the conference.
Unfortunately, it’s really not for certain teams. History shows that a valley team can’t afford the losses that UNI has already posted 3 days into the season and still expect to hear their name called on selection Sunday

Dmills

So on opening night Indiana St. scratched out a win vs Green Bay which I thought was a pretty impressive win on the road considering their circumstances. However, tonight, Indiana St. got blown out by a very good Purdue team (not that surprising), but in addition to that, Green Bay got absolutely smoked by one of our future opponents in Wisconsin 72-34. I was surprised it was such a lopsided game against a Wisconsin team that is not supposed to be extremely impressive this year. Just thought it was an interesting scoreboard comparison to mention.

MadBird

So on opening night Indiana St. scratched out a win vs Green Bay which I thought was a pretty impressive win on the road considering their circumstances. However, tonight, Indiana St. got blown out by a very good Purdue team (not that surprising), but in addition to that, Green Bay got absolutely smoked by one of our future opponents in Wisconsin 72-34. I was surprised it was such a lopsided game against a Wisconsin team that is not supposed to be extremely impressive this year. Just thought it was an interesting scoreboard comparison to mention.
Yes, very interesting.

I went to the Badgers game Tuesday vs. St. Francis of Brooklyn, a not very good (IMHO) low major school. Final score ended up around 25 points in favor of the Badgers. Badgers did not really impress me, altho there is potential. Young, fairly thin big men - altho they have height, a couple legit 7 footers, one a senior transfer from Cincy with very modest stats. The other guy led the team in scoring last night, maybe he's finding his way. Very good 6'5 Johnny Davis, should be a great matchup with Reeves. Brad Davison is a 6'4 guard who has played point and off guard, started already for 4 years, he will be a matchup problem for us. Then 3 6' 200 pound combo guards who look halfway decent. 6'9 Tyler Wahl is very smooth and tough all around player, kind of a stretch 4 kind of player who can put the ball on the floor. Also a tough matchup especially if Chatman takes the 5.

Skipped the game vs. UWGB last night, in part to watch the Birds and also my two seatmates weren't going. Not sure how this played into the game, but the Badgers were honoring former coach Bo Ryan, whose son Will is the UWGB coach. Not sure if the Phoenix were tight or the Badgers were fired up to show the "legend" how tough they are, or maybe both. Or maybe had no impact. But anyway can't shed much light on last night's game, but the Phoenix were awful on offense according to the paper, 12 for 51 from the field, nobody in double figures.

Side note for old-timers -- on Wisconsin's roster is rarely used Justin Taphorn, from Pekin. I believe he's the nephew of former Bird Matt Taphorn.

gobirds85

Bu getting stomped by Howard. I think we have a chance of finishing 8-9 in conference.

It still sucks to bu.

stats

thank god were adding belmont. They beat Evansville by 38 if I saw the score correctly.
Belmont was 26-4 last year and return 97% of their scoring. Four of their starters are seniors. They were also 3rd nationally last year at 2 point field goal percentage at almost 60%.

redbirdfan04

Loyola is the best team in the league and won by almost 60. I think we need to chill for a little bit. If the Ramblers, with their noncon schedule, perform like I expect them to, and then dont win in St. Louis, they'll get in.

UNI can forget about an at-large, but the two best teams in the league haven't done anything to blow their chance yet.
Unfortunately not the case. If the rest of the valley keeps playing this poor and Loyola loses in the MVC tourney I doubt they get in. The strength of the conference has a lot to do with if multiple teams get in.

stats

Unfortunately not the case. If the rest of the valley keeps playing this poor and Loyola loses in the MVC tourney I doubt they get in. The strength of the conference has a lot to do with if multiple teams get in.
I agree with you as far as Valley team getting in. Look at what the NCAA did last year leaving out a 26 and 4 Belmont. However, I think Loyola may now be the exception to the rule because of their recent NCAA tournament success. Expect an unfavorable seed though.

Top Bottom