The Maddox Minute

Adunk33

Staff member

What an awesome idea! The new staff (I’m just putting Maddox on the staff at this point) is really showing a commitment to engaging with fans. Love it!

Adunk33

Staff member
Last coach we loved about engaging with the fans didn't so hot. Hope this one is better at coaching! :)
This may just be bad memory + COVID stuff but it seemed the last 4 years or so the engagement went way down. Seemed like everything went quiet post-2016-17. But you are right, in his early days, he was very engaging.

Adunk33

Staff member

Luke's jacket is sick. I'd buy one of those today.

Bdub777

I just hope people remember, when the inevitable losses or controversies occur, that Maddox is a kid. I like Pedon, but if I were in his highly public position, I might be a little more guarded and private with my family. I had a Dad with a high profile job, and it is amazing how mean people can be.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
I just hope people remember, when the inevitable losses or controversies occur, that Maddox is a kid. I like Pedon, but if I were in his highly public position, I might be a little more guarded and private with my family. I had a Dad with a high profile job, and it is amazing how mean people can be.
I have a feeling and hope that either when the season starts or if a season is going badly that we don't see Maddox on social media much.

SgtHulka

You ask most grade schoolers these days what they want to be when they grow up and the answer is a youtuber\influence. Times have changed

gobirds85

I have a feeling and hope that either when the season starts or if a season is going badly that we don't see Maddox on social media much.

If the season gets off to a rocky start, I can only hope that our fan base will not take it out on the coach's young son. Where other fan bases will resort to death threats and other stupid forms of intimidation, I do not see that happening here. It's sports, not life and death.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
If the season gets off to a rocky start, I can only hope that our fan base will not take it out on the coach's young son. Where other fan bases will resort to death threats and other stupid forms of intimidation, I do not see that happening here. It's sports, not life and death.
One can hope and I'd like to think our Redbird community won't stand by and let it happen.

Bird Friend

Frankly, I think it’s awesome that his dad not only allows Maddox to do this, but seems to really encourage it. Considering the microscope aimed at head coaches I could see a lot of them telling their kids to stay away from posting about the program.

Kudos to dad for being supportive. And kudos to Maddox for the courage to put himself out there.

BirdGrad2011

It’d take a special kind of scum bag to direct anything to his son. Plus I have full faith Pedon is the guy.

Top Bottom