Hunter Zambrano 6'4 300 OL University HS, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Seth Juhl 5'11 175 WR DesMoines Christian HS, Clive IA wo
Jakob Thomas 6'3 245 DL Monmouth-Roseville HS, IL wo
Micah Barnhart 6'4 265 OL Canton HS, IL wo

Transfers
Shanon Reid LB 6'0 220 Jr. Dunbar HS, Fort Myers FL, Univ of Tennessee

Last edited:

topiarydan

Nice class so far. Hoping we can nab Justin Jefferson - an undersized DE/DL out of Brother Rice Chicago. Has some MAC offers but this kid could be special if we can nab him.

ChiRedbirdfan

topiarydan said:
Nice class so far. Hoping we can nab Justin Jefferson - an undersized DE/DL out of Brother Rice Chicago. Has some MAC offers but this kid could be special if we can nab him.

There is a lot of D1 level football talent in the Chicago Catholic league...maybe the most in the state? It would be a boon to get a recruiting pipeline into that conference. However like just about anything and everything it is always easier said than done as the big boys are also targeting that conference.

TIMMY

ChiRedbirdfan said:
topiarydan said:

There is a lot of D1 level football talent in the Chicago Catholic league...maybe the most in the state? It would be boon to get a recruiting pipeline into that conference. However like just about anything and everything it is always easier said than done as they big boys are also targeting that conference.
I would add the ESCC to that as well. Both have a high concentration of quality student/athletes.

ChiRedbirdfan

TIMMY said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:
topiarydan said:

There is a lot of D1 level football talent in the Chicago Catholic league...maybe the most in the state? It would be boon to get a recruiting pipeline into that conference. However like just about anything and everything it is always easier said than done as they big boys are also targeting that conference.
I would add the ESCC to that as well. Both have a high concentration of quality student/athletes.
:text-+1:
btw those two conferences are merging

http://www.eastsuburbancc.com/html/documents/merge.pdf

I believe they have 6 different divisions (4 teams each) and the hope is that playoff births will get spread out amongst all teams.

Edit...I found the 6 different divisions and they are listed/grouped together in the attached schedule. Looks like geography was no consideration

http://www.chicagocatholicleague.com/Documents/Ctrl_Hyperlink/Approved_CCL_ESCC_merger_schedule__19-_20_&__20-_21_uid10252018923392.pdf

TIMMY

ChiRedbirdfan said:
TIMMY said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:
:text-+1:
btw those two conferences are merging

http://www.eastsuburbancc.com/html/documents/merge.pdf

I believe they have 6 different divisions (4 teams each) and the hope is that playoff births will get spread out amongst all teams.

Edit...I found the 6 different divisions and they are listed/grouped together in the attached schedule. Looks like geography was no consideration

http://www.chicagocatholicleague.com/Documents/Ctrl_Hyperlink/Approved_CCL_ESCC_merger_schedule__19-_20_&__20-_21_uid10252018923392.pdf
Interesting. They concocted a formula based on football success the previous 2 years, male enrollment and football participation numbers. This should give some schools a chance to make the playoffs that haven't had a chance in the old leagues.

DannyCooksey

TIMMY said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:
topiarydan said:

As an ESCC alum I couldn't agree more. I was happy to get my ass beat by more than a few guys who ended up playing on Sunday.

Adunk33

Staff member
Got a commitment last night from Former Redbird and current motivational speaker Dontae McCoy's brother.

https://twitter.com/TaeeMonneyy/status/1150631632929509376

Held offers from Western Illinois, Western Michigan, Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois, Central Michigan, Forham, Eastern Illinois, and Eastern Kentucky. We offered last December. Last Summer McCoy won Offensive MVP at Spack's camp. Looks like he's been mostly playing safety since.

TIMMY

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9502417/LaVoiseDeontae-McCoy
Nice size for a Junior.
Maintains good pad level
Closes fast
Keeps his leverage on runs
Good instincts, run pass reads are fast and decisive.
Good hips
Tackles
Football smart
Well coached
Love the ways HF plays that inverted cover 2. This kid is a natural robber.
Oh my!

Total Red

Staff member
Adam Saul
Jersey #: 19
Positions: K, P
Height & Weight: 6'4" 180lbs
Class of: 2020
"I kick balls better then anyone else"

Gotta love a kicker with personality :D

MadBird

Catching up after a week or so away from posting on the board --

Our commit Rashard Lampkin, from Brookfield Central HS outside Milwaukee, got a very good review in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel last week (I pointed out in another post they have their sports stuff subscription only now online, but I read it in the "real" paper). The writer suggests he may be the best RB in Wisconsin! Last year gained 2,117 yds rushing and 30 TD's, 323 receiving yds and 5 more TD's. Dad played FB at Alcorn St. His coach says he has some of the best hands he's seen as a receiver and is a great route runner, and is a three down back

Just hope, as I always do with our Wisconsin commits, that he doesn't get swept up late in the game by the Badgers, especially as a PWO. Sounds like he has great promise!

Edit:
Our guy had 25 rushes for 180 yds and 3 TD's, and 2 receptions for 7 yds in a 45-14 win last week.

Adunk33

Staff member
Adunk33 said:
Got a commitment last night from Former Redbird and current motivational speaker Dontae McCoy's brother.

Held offers from Western Illinois, Western Michigan, Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois, Central Michigan, Forham, Eastern Illinois, and Eastern Kentucky. We offered last December. Last Summer McCoy won Offensive MVP at Spack's camp. Looks like he's been mostly playing safety since.

Based on Twitter, it looks like he is still taking offers.

Manchester Matt

Adunk33 said:
Adunk33 said:

Based on Twitter, it looks like he is still taking offers.

Got this quote from a story Edgy Tim did after McCoy committed.

""I know that the college coaches will be calling again once things open back up and that's fine. I'll just be very straight with the other coaches and tell them I'm solid to Illinois State and that I have no plans to change my decision."

Adunk33

Staff member
https://twitter.com/TaeeMonneyy/status/1169581426905366528

Just to add some context to what I was referring to. Seems strange to be boasting about offers if he has "no plans to change his decision."

cpacmel

https://twitter.com/czugenbuehler/status/1171596558493782016?s=12

Reggie Redbird

MadBird said:
Catching up after a week or so away from posting on the board --

Our commit Rashard Lampkin, from Brookfield Central HS outside Milwaukee, got a very good review in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel last week (I pointed out in another post they have their sports stuff subscription only now online, but I read it in the "real" paper). The writer suggests he may be the best RB in Wisconsin! Last year gained 2,117 yds rushing and 30 TD's, 323 receiving yds and 5 more TD's. Dad played FB at Alcorn St. His coach says he has some of the best hands he's seen as a receiver and is a great route runner, and is a three down back

Just hope, as I always do with our Wisconsin commits, that he doesn't get swept up late in the game by the Badgers, especially as a PWO. Sounds like he has great promise!

Edit:
Our guy had 25 rushes for 180 yds and 3 TD's, and 2 receptions for 7 yds in a 45-14 win last week.

We got Coprich from California. A 2,000+ a season guy, overlooked. We got JR from IL. Same thing. We have a lot of talent redshirting this year, and we have seen some solid work from JR’s back-ups. We could definitely continue to be RB U of the FCS.

MadBird

Update on our commit from Wisconsin Brookfield Central, RB Rashad Lampkin.

He was named Milwaukee Journal Sentinel offensive player of the week for his performance in Saturday's win over Menomonee Falls. He was the workhorse! - 38 carries for 161 yards, 5 receptions for 37 yards, including 4 yard TD with 3 seconds left in a 17-13 game. His rushing total pushed him over the 4,000 yard mark for his career. The team is ranked 6th in the Milwaukee area by the paper.

Best that I can figger, he's got 1280 yards rushing this year on 223 carries, avg. of 160 per game. 12 TD's and 0 fumbles. Also 183 yards receiving on 18 catches, 2 TD's.

Still hoping the UW and other schools stay the hell away!!.

Top Bottom