Team Building/Bonding

TBS_20

i think your bomb was a correct error because thats what this group of misfits is going to do.

Bird Friend

how much do they need to bond to win 12 games?
Would you like them to win more than 12? Fewer than 12? Or would you prefer to not receive any updates on what the team is doing? Do you really care about the hoops team? Or do you just want to make sure your negativity is fully expressed for all to see?

Not every effing post about the team needs to be shat upon, ya kno?

TBS_20

"Not every effing post about the team needs to be shat upon, ya kno?"

i literally wrote this post wondering how long until this comment. you didnt disappoint.

over 12 dan stays i fear. thats why i want 12. dan will never be the coach long term we all know that now. might as well have them blow so we dont have to sit through anymore unwatchable games sooner rather than later

SgtHulka

Would you like them to win more than 12? Fewer than 12? Or would you prefer to not receive any updates on what the team is doing? Do you really care about the hoops team? Or do you just want to make sure your negativity is fully expressed for all to see?

Not every effing post about the team needs to be shat upon, ya kno?

Tobey Maguire Poop GIF

jwa123

"Not every effing post about the team needs to be shat upon, ya kno?"

i literally wrote this post wondering how long until this comment. you didnt disappoint.

over 12 dan stays i fear. thats why i want 12. dan will never be the coach long term we all know that now. might as well have them blow so we dont have to sit through anymore unwatchable games sooner rather than later
You’re such a chipper guy. I bet you are a blast to be around.

DougSutton

Love this! It sucks that there are a certain group of posters that continue to lurk on this site and look for every opportunity to be negative, to bitch and complain about anything they can. I get being upset. There are plenty of things to be upset about in the world today but for a person to dial their brain into and dwell in negativity like this is a form of mental illness.

This level of toxicity is a primary reason I very rarely ever post here anymore as I simply don't want to associate with or invest my energy around these types of people and sadly, I know many incredible lifelong Redbird fans that have been part of this site/community since the 1990s like myself and others that have joined and were active since that just gave up because of these people and no longer come here at all.

To be clear, having enough emotional intelligence, mindfulness and maturity to not complain all of the time is not the same thing as living in denial or accepting things the way they are.

Total side note but who here has been watching Ted Lasso on AppleTV? This reminds me of similar culture building elements from the show.

The writer and one of the main actors in Ted Lasso is an Illinois State graduate, he was at ISU when I was......

Last edited:

MadBird

Love this! It sucks that there are a certain group of posters that continue to lurk on this site and look for every opportunity to be negative, to bitch and complain about anything they can. I get being upset. There are plenty of things to be upset about in the world today but for a person to dial their brain into and dwell in negativity like this is a form of mental illness.

This level of toxicity is a primary reason I very rarely ever post here anymore as I simply don't want to associate with or invest my energy around these types of people and sadly, I know many incredible lifelong Redbird fans that have been part of this site/community since the 1990s like myself and others that have joined and were active since that just gave up because of these people and no longer come here at all.

To be clear, having enough emotional intelligence, mindfulness and maturity to not complain all of the time is not the same thing as living in denial or accepting things the way they are.

Total side note but who here has been watching Ted Lasso on AppleTV? This reminds me of similar culture building elements from the show.

The writer and one of the main actors in Ted Lasso is an Illinois State graduate, he was at ISU when I was......
I share many of your feelings. I just ignore (try to ignore) the jags. Easy to say. Pay no attention. Don't respond, don't try to argue. Don't engage. Post your thoughts, the bitch brigade will have their say but no one has to pay any attention. The rest of us can carry on the conversation.

Trey_Guidry4three

Looks like a fun group of guys. I'd say the upcoming season is a success if they are not playing on Thursday night in the conference tournament!

TIMMY

I share many of your feelings. I just ignore (try to ignore) the jags. Easy to say. Pay no attention. Don't respond, don't try to argue. Don't engage. Post your thoughts, the bitch brigade will have their say but no one has to pay any attention. The rest of us can carry on the conversation.
You are correct MadBird. Also, the ignore feature makes it tolerable as long as they don't quote you. I'd like to see Doug and others back here posting. But I totally get it.

Bird Friend

Watch Ted Lasso regularly. Sometimes feel like going all Roy on here.

Top Bottom