Taylor Named MVFC Defensive Player of the Week (game 11)

fourthandshort

Very nice game and honor for CB Taylor.

https://goredbirds.com/news/2019/11/17/football-taylor-named-mvfc-defensive-player-of-the-week.aspx

Think back ... remember how much this forum used to rip our secondary, no matter how high they ranked in pass defense efficiency each season. The one knock that I thought was legit was the one about DBs playing the man and not the ever looking for the ball. We don't seem to notoice nearly as much of that as we used to, and we do get a lot more tipped balls, picks, and pass break ups the last couple seasons. So maybe the players are executing/playing better or maybe the coaches are lettng them play more .. translated, they are playing the ball more often, and rarely getting burned.

I don't know for sure, but it sure seems like we are guarding much better that last few years. I just know our secondary make very few mistakes lately. Now when they do, it is sometimes a big one that results in a big play for opponent .. but that happens to everyone.

But when is the last time our pass defense/secondary played a bad game .. a truly bad game ? We're only 4th in pass defense QBR this year, and we've been ranked higher than that many years in recent past.

Anyways, kudos to Taylor and the entire secondary ... very stellar lock down pass and run defense, and very consistent virtually every game.

Top Bottom