Sweet 16

Redbird Alum 2004

Watching the North Carolina Auburn game and a couple things stuck out to me. One I forgot how much I disliked Bruce Pearl. Two, this game is so sloppy. It is a lot of great athletes and very little passing.

That Purdue Tennessee game last night was great. Can't believe they blew that give lead and still win. Cline was on fire!!!

Redbird Alum 2004

I think Bradley has given Michigan State the best game so far. They are just dominating teams.

ricohill

Weird, none of these teams are fouling when up 2? Muller is just ahead of his time with that strategy.

Redbird Alum 2004

ricohill said:
Weird, none of these teams are fouling when up 2? Muller is just ahead of his time with that strategy.

Can you let one thread go by without slamming Muller? We get it you don't like him. Geez get over yourself and thinking we are all dying to hear about it in every thread.

Redbird60451

I noticed a lot of guys using fore arms on their drives to get space. So either Milik would have been a beast in the tourney because the refs don't call it. Or all these refs suck and only the refs in the MVC know it's a rule that you can't fore arm shiver on your way to the basket..

Redbird Alum 2004

Redbird60451 said:
I noticed a lot of guys using fore arms on their drives to get space. So either Milik would have been a beast in the tourney because the refs don't call it. Or all these refs suck and only the refs in the MVC know it's a rule that you can't fore arm shiver on your way to the basket..

I was thinking the same thing. They are really letting them play in the tourney. I was thinking I was the only one who was noticing it. Like when when Zion was fouled but they reviewed his club to that guys head and it was called accidental. I looked at my wife and said that would have been a f2 on Milik.

stats

Redbird60451 said:

It seems like they ref the smaller conferences must stricter than the money conferences. It wasn't too long ago, they kept calling hanging on the rim technicals in the Valley while guys in money conferences were doing chin-ups and swinging on their dunks without getting a tech.

gobirds72

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
Watching the North Carolina Auburn game and a couple things stuck out to me. One I forgot how much I disliked Bruce Pearl. Two, this game is so sloppy. It is a lot of great athletes and very little passing.

That Purdue Tennessee game last night was great. Can't believe they blew that give lead and still win. Cline was on fire!!!

I watched a different game! I saw a team in Auburn who wore the nets out! Auburn shot 45% from 3...17/37!

jamminjamarsmiley

gobirds72 said:
Redbird Alum 2004 said:

I watched a different game! I saw a team in Auburn who wore the nets out! Auburn shot 45% from 3...17/37!

Was one of the most exciting games in the tourney to me. Even with it being a blowout, Auburn's offense is fun to watch. UNC was going fast too, but couldnt put the ball in the hoop. If you thought Auburn was not fun to watch, then I assume you prefer the virginia style. That is no fun to me

ISU FAN 1

jamminjamarsmiley said:
gobirds72 said:
Redbird Alum 2004 said:

Was one of the most exciting games in the tourney to me. Even with it being a blowout, Auburn's offense is fun to watch. UNC was going fast too, but couldnt put the ball in the hoop. If you thought Auburn was not fun to watch, then I assume you prefer the virginia style. That is no fun to me

A lot of people watch games thru the prism of hate. He dislikes Bruce Pearl, so the Auburn victory produced an ugly style of basketball. I had pool interest in UNC winning, but didn’t jade my opinion of what was an exciting game to view, and excellent execution by Auburn.

Hamdonger

ISU FAN 1 said:
A lot of people watch games thru the prism of hate. He dislikes Bruce Pearl, so the Auburn victory produced an ugly style of basketball. I had pool interest in UNC winning, but didn’t jade my opinion of what was an exciting game to view, and excellent execution by Auburn.

A lot of people post through the prism of hate. Never here, of course. :oops:

Redbird Alum 2004

ISU FAN 1 said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:
gobirds72 said:

Sorry for not being clear. I was referring to UNC. They were all athletes and their offense was 1 pass and then one on one. Auburn was shooting lights out. They didn't have the athletes UNC had so they had to play basketball. Also I still don't like Bruce Pearl.

Weird that the fire Muller crowd immediately goes into attack mode about how not liking someone jades their opinion. Hmmmm. I wonder if that applies too their view of ISU. Hmm nah

Hamdonger

Didn't used to like Pearl at all and I'd relish the times when crowds would roast him...but honestly, over time I've come to enjoy him a little bit. He teaches a damn good entertaining brand of basketball and whoever he's coaching is typically a tough out this time of year.

Hamdonger

I mentioned a week or two ago that I thought Duke was ripe for an upset. Nailed that one! :whistle:

Impressive how the freshman have won close games in real crunch time. Williamson and Barrett are very well spoken regarding media maybe more mature than I thought! Should I root for them??

Nah. GO GAZONGA!!! :animals-dogrun:

gobirds72

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
ISU FAN 1 said:
jamminjamarsmiley said:

Sorry for not being clear. I was referring to UNC. They were all athletes and their offense was 1 pass and then one on one. Auburn was shooting lights out. They didn't have the athletes UNC had so they had to play basketball. Also I still don't like Bruce Pearl.

Weird that the fire Muller crowd immediately goes into attack mode about how not liking someone jades their opinion. Hmmmm. I wonder if that applies too their view of ISU. Hmm nah

I didn’t see anything on here about firing Muller. I’m sure other Valley teams will love to see him stick around. Remember we felt the same way of Les and Ford.

Redbird Alum 2004

gobirds72 said:
Redbird Alum 2004 said:
ISU FAN 1 said:

I didn’t see anything on here about firing Muller. I’m sure other Valley teams will love to see him stick around. Remember we felt the same way of Les and Ford.
you three didn't mention it but you guys are always hammering him and the program. If you can't see it then enjoy your internet troll life that you have created for yourself.

Top Bottom