Steve Adams

schoolsportsfan

Longtime P.A. announcer, Steve Adams, passed away after a lengthy battle with cancer. He was a real gentleman, an avid supporter of ISU athletics, a retired ISU administrator, a graduate of IWU, awesome husband, father, grandfather, and friend to so many. Oh what we would give to hear him say one more time, "This IS Redbird Basketball." RIP Steve. You will be missed.

Trey_Guidry4three

I've been sobbing all day. This is such a huge loss. Steve is a great guy and truly a Redbird. I will miss him greatly and in honor of Steve.... everyone should take an "OFFICIALS TIMEOUT " and salute.

RIP LEGEND

Hamdonger

God bless you Steve. It was a pleasure. I saw Barry Tompkins try to argue a call - with Steve - during a game during a break in the action...ESPN game. Tompkins took off the headphones and walked over. Steve just stared at Barry and pointed to the official scorer.

IMO Steve was as good as they come.

Baltimore Bird

About 10 or so years ago, my wife and I held a Baltimore area Redbird event at our home in Baltimore. President Bowman came with his wife and other Redbirds. Also included were Steve Adams and his wife. We had around 30 people or so. Anyway, I got Steve to say, "This is Redbird Basketball" to the crowd. What a great guy. I spoke to him one other time at an ISU game about 5 years ago. We reminisced about that event and he remembered it well. To me, Steve was a huge part of Redbird Basketball. I will truly miss him.

SgtHulka

Adunk33

Staff member
This is really sad. Like with most of you, Steve was and always will be the Voice of the Redbirds. When you first step foot in Redbird Arena, and heard his voice echoing doing pre-game Ad reads, you knew it was game day. I had the pleasure of meeting him a number of times and his name will always remain synonymous with Redbird Basketball.

He announced games with so much excitement. I'm curious what name can you still hear Steve calling? The three at the top of my head...
Trey Guidrey
Osiris
Jackie

RIP, Steve.
#ThisIsRedbirdBasketball

Hamdonger

About 10 or so years ago, my wife and I held a Baltimore area Redbird event at our home in Baltimore. President Bowman came with his wife and other Redbirds. Also included were Steve Adams and his wife. We had around 30 people or so. Anyway, I got Steve to say, "This is Redbird Basketball" to the crowd. What a great guy. I spoke to him one other time at an ISU game about 5 years ago. We reminisced about that event and he remembered it well. To me, Steve was a huge part of Redbird Basketball. I will truly miss him.
This is the Redbirdfan.net content I'm here for.

Hamdonger

He announced games with so much excitement. I'm curious what name can you still hear Steve calling? The three at the top of my head...
Trey Guidrey
Osiris
Jackie

RIP, Steve.
#ThisIsRedbirdBasketball
That's a great question. Frankly, no exaggeration, they all stand out. My fave part of game day was his ushering in of the opponent when they took the floor. Steve had just the right rhythm to usher in the boos. "From Carbondale...the Salukis of Southern Illinois."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Top Bottom