STATS Most "Successful" FCS Programs of Decade

fourthandshort

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20191224063407508964204&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

No, we didn't make this list ... but we did get a mention in the explanation of the what the criteria for list was and wasn't ..... notably STATS author Craig Haley explained, "This is not a list of the 16 best programs - otherwise, Illinois State, Montana and others might be included - but the most successful of the decade."

Our resume includes a so so regular season but a pretty good playoff record .. made playoffs 5 times, of which we got to quarterfinals (i.e. top 8) 4 of those 5 appearances, including 2 times as underdogs (2012 and 2019).

Anyway, we've gotten STATS attention and I think this year's playoff surge certainly got people's attention after we were written off. I think UNI and ISUr both playing shorthanded on offense but still making quarters and giving NDSU and JMU all they could handle ... did a lot for MVFC's reputation.

On that last note, here is a stat I compiled. If you look at MVFC playoff record excluding NDSU since 2011, and removing all MVFC head to head playoff games (.500 record), the MVFC excl NDSU playoff record against all other conferences is 25-12 for a .670 win % .. again, this is excluding NDSU's 25-1 or whatever they are now. This season should bode well for MVFC in future hopefully .. this was looking like a down year as season progressed.

Top Bottom