Soccer

cubird

Silvey resigns to pursue opportunities outside sports that are more family friendly. Coaching search will begin immediately. No spring vacation for the AD.

cubird

New coach will have 13 new players including a transfer from the Illini.

Adunk33

Three HC hires in on Spring has to be close to some kind of record.

TIMMY

I know less than nothing about soccer but on paper, this looks like a good hire. It seems like our AD does his due diligence when it comes to hiring. I like the all-sports trophy. It says a lot about an Athletics program. Soccer is as big a part of that as any sport so I wish her the best!

cubird

Young hire, but has experience in the midwest and at ISU.

Bird Friend

Staff member
Team can not score. Only 1 goal in 4 games.
New coach who didn't have a whole lot in the cupboard when she got here. They've got 10 frosh of their 27 players. And most of them are midfielders and forwards, so they're not deep with experience on the scoring side of the field . . . They only have 10 or 11 players who played at all last year, and only a couple who were among team leaders in playing time.

All that to say that I think this year's gonna be a long one filled with learning opportunities.

Dmills

She kept the expectations low on her appearance on In the Nest. I am still optimistic that she was a good hire (no reason not to be so early on), but they do have a lot to sort out and a lot of inexperience. I'm just looking for improvement and a decent Valley season!

Dmills

Impressive win today against MSU for the team's first conference win. MSU was playing for a chance to win the conference title outright. That wraps up a tough first season for coach Kresge. I don't know much about the personnel situation for this year (who left and who was added after coach Silvey resigned or who is coming back next year) as I was not able to make it out to any games this year. Hoping for a turnaround next year.

cubird

Apparently, first time in 3 Seasons the Birds scored 4 goals against a MVC foe.

Reggie Redbird

We cancelled our road match vs Cincinnati due to feeling we did not have enough players. I’m not sure what that means in terms of numbers, but it will be interesting to see what happens with our 8/31 game. I hope it’s just a sudden a wave of illness that we’re quick to recover from vs being down many players for a long time.

Dmills

North Dakota definitely a team we want to tie or beat... lost 3-0. Was encouraged looking at the box score and seeing we had more shots and equal shots on goal, just couldn't finish. Without watching the game, I'd assume UND created better opportunities than us. UND also committed significantly more fouls than us. I'd consider that a good thing but having given up 3 goals I am not so sure. Seems like theres a lot to improve on offensively and defensively.

cubird

Only 5 seniors and 7 freshmen. Hope that is the issue and not a lack of talent.

Redbird222

We tied Oakland 2- 2 on Senior night to stop the 3 game losing streak. Hopefully this can be start of some momentum in right direction.

Top Bottom