Snazzy new look

ricohill

Is there a way to click a thread and go to the last page instead of the first? On a phone you have to turn your phone to see page numbers. Even when I click the last page it going to the first page?

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to click a thread and go to the last page instead of the first? On a phone you have to turn your phone to see page numbers. Even when I click the last page it going to the first page?
It should work that when you tap a thread title (mobile or desktop) it takes you to the first unread post, if it’s marked new. Is it not doing that?

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
How is BirdFriend a staff member?
I want to reorganize the recruiting area since it’s a jumble of names to see who we may or may not be recruiting. So because he’s the most active in there, I’ve asked him to help me clean it up. He only has any power on that forum and it’s very limited.

ricohill

It should work that when you tap a thread title (mobile or desktop) it takes you to the first unread post, if it’s marked new. Is it not doing that?
No, it takes me to page 1 currently. Not sure if anyone else has the same thing. It’s not a big deal, but nice when it takes you to the newest post.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
No, it takes me to page 1 currently. Not sure if anyone else has the same thing. It’s not a big deal, but nice when it takes you to the newest post.
Weird. Ok I’ll check into that and see if it’s a user setting that maybe didn’t carry over right or something.

jamminjamarsmiley

Q - thanks for the time and effort in attempting to improve the board. Couple of concerns here.

1) Today the board has taken a very very long time to load for me. Pages like Amazon, ESPN etc load in less than 2 seconds, but the board is taking 5 minutes per page to load. I am curious about the architecture you are running here? Is there a single server in one location? Multiple servers throughout the US? Seems like the latency is quite alarming and wonder if there any auto autoscaling happening? AWS an option? Seems like it could fix this problem.

2) Some of the quotes - you have to expand them to read the full quote. Little annoyance compared to old board.

3) Bird Friend is magically anointed a staff member - guess that is why he acts like a good 2 shoes to you on here. I hope hes worth it.

Trey_Guidry4three

I'm starting to come around to it. Jammin, are u going to blame your internet connection on Trump or Obama? Humor me. Good grief

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Q - thanks for the time and effort in attempting to improve the board. Couple of concerns here.

1) Today the board has taken a very very long time to load for me. Pages like Amazon, ESPN etc load in less than 2 seconds, but the board is taking 5 minutes per page to load. I am curious about the architecture you are running here? Is there a single server in one location? Multiple servers throughout the US? Seems like the latency is quite alarming and wonder if there any auto autoscaling happening? AWS an option? Seems like it could fix this problem.

2) Some of the quotes - you have to expand them to read the full quote. Little annoyance compared to old board.

3) Bird Friend is magically anointed a staff member - guess that is why he acts like a good 2 shoes to you on here. I hope hes worth it.
1. No idea why it would be slow for you. I haven't had or heard of any other issues. I'm on a pretty limited budget. It's a shared hosted server in Chicago. I can't imagine I have enough traffic to warrant scailing or anything like that.

2. It's to cut down on scrolling if nested quotes get out of hand. But I hear what you are saying. I'll see if I can expand how much shows.

3. My board right? I don't take votes on who gets to help me out. I asked, he accepted.

SgtHulka

1. No idea why it would be slow for you. I haven't had or heard of any other issues. I'm on a pretty limited budget. It's a shared hosted server in Chicago. I can't imagine I have enough traffic to warrant scailing or anything like that.

2. It's to cut down on scrolling if nested quotes get out of hand. But I hear what you are saying. I'll see if I can expand how much shows.

3. My board right? I don't take votes on who gets to help me out. I asked, he accepted.
The ISU Deep State runs
Deep

jamminjamarsmiley

I haven't been able to get to the site for a week. I use Chrome regularly - the site wont load for me on chrome. I opened up Edge and was able to get to the site finally. Worked great and I could browse the forums fine before I log in. Once I log into my account, the speed of the site slows dramatically. I had to clear my cache/cookies at one point just to get back to being able to view the forum. Just letting you know my experience Quinn. I know the kool aid crew is probably happy to hear of these difficulties.

Top Bottom