SIU Targeting prospective ISU students

ChiRedbirdfan

Yesterday and today I pulled up US News and World Report's ranking of ISU and each time a pop up advertising banner appeared directly at the top of the page for SIU. I have found ISU to be quiet regarding the serious shortcomings of SIU, NIU, WIU..etc. Maybe it is time for ISU to take the gloves off and do some advertising regarding the ISU advantage when compared to these other in-state public universities given the targeted advertising towards ISU ? SIU is obviously paying to come after ISU students. Click on the following link and see if you get the same SIU advertisement. In the end fair is fair and it would be nice to see ISU be aggressive in return with their recruitment of students as no university can ever have too many applicants.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/illinois-state-university-1692

Redbird78

No SIU add here in Normal. Maybe the ad is targeted to specific ISP locations, like Chicago?

Redbird78

Hmmmmm. I'm in Normal, but my ISP is showing as Mahomet. Maybe I'm therefore too close to UIUC? Who knows?

SgtHulka

You are targeted in more ways than can be easily described here. Big brother is here and he is us. Beware

Top Bottom