SIU GAME 1/25

Loyl2u

Ok, after doing the +/- for UNI Game posted in Bradley thread, I decided to do the first SIU game, to see if we might be able to learn anything going into tomorrow. So first thing that obviously jumps out is the +7 with five guards on the floor(but they were up 20 with 4 minutes to go when that run started). Rico suggested in another thread that Redbirds win when they shoot more free throws than other team.

What could the Birds do tomorrow to win?

1/04 ISU SIU
on court +/-
Horne 1 30 min
Reeves 1 13 min
Boyd -2 21 min
Copeland -6 28 min
Chastain -7 12 min
Hillsman -8 32 min
Idowu -8 22 min
Torres -15 20 min
Fisher -18 22 min

combination +/- 15 total combinations for game
Horne Copeland Boyd Reeves Hillsman 7* *down 20 with 4 min to play
Torres Copeland Reeves Chastain Idowu 2
Horne Torres Hillsman Chastain Fisher 2
Horne Copeland Chastain Fisher Idowu 2
Horne Torres Boyd Hillsman Idowu 2
Torres Boyd Chastain Fisher Idowu 0
Horne Copeland Boyd Hillsman Fisher 0
Torres Boyd Hillsman Reeves Fisher -1
Horne Copeland Boyd Torres Hillsman -1
Torres Boyd Hillsman Fisher Idowu -2
Horne Copeland Hillsman Reeves Fisher -3
Horne Torres Boyd Hillsman Fisher -3
Torres Boyd Hillsman Reeves Idowu -4
Horne Copeland Hillsman Fisher Chastain -5
Torres Copeland Chastain Fisher Idowu -8

ps- mostly manually calculated from the game summaries- I apologize in advance for any errors

Redbird Alum 2004

Horne, Copeland, Boyd, Abdou, Fisher. Reeves, Rey then Chastain. Hillsman was playing well but his defense has dropped and he hasn't been as effective offensively. Need this game. We are not this bad. We are however playing with a giant monkey on the back right now.

Horne and Copeland decide we aren't losing this game. 24 for cope and 22 for Horne. Boyd and Fisher kick in 12. Birds win 68-64. It gets dicey at the end.

jamminjamarsmiley

SIU coming off a big win, due for a letdown. However they play very solid defense and that will cause many problems for the nba jam offense.

Loyl2u

quote="Redbird Alum 2004" post_id=63329 time=1579910962 user_id=288]
Horne, Copeland, Boyd, Abdou, Fisher. Reeves, Rey then Chastain. Hillsman was playing well but his defense has dropped and he hasn't been as effective offensively. Need this game. We are not this bad. We are however playing with a giant monkey on the back right now.

Horne and Copeland decide we aren't losing this game. 24 for cope and 22 for Horne. Boyd and Fisher kick in 12. Birds win 68-64. It gets dicey at the end.
[/quote]

I’d agree with that starting lineup including Chastain first in for either Rey or Fisher. I’d also say Reeves first in for Copeland or Boyd; Torres spots Horne.
We’ll see. Also, has the football season countdown clock always been on the forum page or has that been added recently🤔

Trey_Guidry4three

Isu finds a way and wins this. I'll be watching in the Dominican at an offsite. Wish I was there to see the W!!

chuckie1980

So is this the only news from BarryWood?

https://www.si.com/college/oklahomastate/basketball/mike-boynton-adds-barry-hinson-to-staff

jamminjamarsmiley

This matchup is between two of the three worst offenses in the MVC. And the 9 rated defense (isu). Siu is #2 defensively. I predict it to be a boring low scoring game. Isu may pull this out.

I also predict SIU struggles offensively because they do in basically every game, and Dan will speak to how he fixed the defense in practice this week.

*rankings based on Ken Pom metrics

ISU86

predictions

Redbirds win, 65-64

Rico has another gripe ready by postgame presser

DWRedbird

Keyshawn Evans is here for the game, sporting a Phil Fayne redbirds jersey.

Top Bottom