Committed **SIGNED PWO** Malcolm Miller

sparky791

Just watched Malcolm Miller of Shelbyville sign on the dotted line for the Redbirds at signing ceremony at Shelbyville High School.

Here is link to nice article on him. All State 1st team this year.

https://herald-review.com/sports/high-school/basketball/area-boys-basketball-player-of-the-year-shelbyville-s-malcolm/article_4488c3dc-a75d-5f5b-b7af-c0de65191e37.html

Adunk33

Staff member
https://twitter.com/ramnationsports/status/1121500665342320641

Kid scored it in high school. I don't have any inside info, but seems that it would be a PWO situation. He won the POY award. An award recently won by recruiting whiff, Gavin Block (Lincoln). I'll take it! Thanks for sharing the article, seems like a great kid.

Adunk33

Staff member
PWO Confirmed.

https://twitter.com/malcolmmiller21/status/1121508492068773888

bombay

Shelbyville's alltime leading scorer means he topped Johnny Orr.

Sanantoniobird

Anybody have a scouting report on our newest Redbird? 6’4” Unanimous 1st teamer, can fill it up...but we beat out a community college?
What is this kid working on in the off season to contribute as a Redbird? Speed, athleticism, defense? What has scared D-I schools off from a 2,000 point guy?

Glad we got a gym-rat.

PurpleRedbird

I've seen him play once. It's your typical "he played for a smaller school not in a big city so he cant possibly be good" scenario. Like most he needs to get stronger. Pretty good athlete but not superior athlete. I'm confident if he played in the suburbs or on the east coast he would have had some offers.

I look at it that a kid chose to pay his own way to D1 in his backyard rather than go to a JC. Shows to me that he thinks he can prove himself here. All signs of things I like. A 100% no risk situation situation for ISU. Those who think otherwise I just don't get.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DoubleDeuce

Looks like he wanted to be a Redbird all along, whether it be directly or through Lakeland CC. His parents are Redbirds, that helps.

https://twitter.com/GordonVoit/status/1121581453622509568

TIMMY

I love a good walk on story. JJ Watt, Santana Moss, Adam Archuleta, Jordy Nelson, Jared Abbrederis. Basketball has to have the same stories.

I would think it's getting up to the speed of the game and playing defense that will get a kid like this minutes. He's got 5 years.

Go get'em Malcolm. Everyone's behind you!

Adunk33

Staff member
TIMMY said:
I love a good walk on story. JJ Watt, Santana Moss, Adam Archuleta, Jordy Nelson, Jared Abbrederis. Basketball has to have the same stories.

I would think it's getting up to the speed of the game and playing defense that will get a kid like this minutes. He's got 5 years.

Go get'em Malcolm. Everyone's behind you!

Dare I say..... Ron Baker?

Redbird60451

Welcome Malcolm you made a great choice for furthering your education. Eventually your degree will do you well. And enjoy the ISU experience.

birdsflyhigh

A BIG Redbird Nation welcome to you Malcolm. Congrats! Really looking forward to seeing you lighting it up in RBA and in all the Valley arenas....oh yeah!! :cool:

GO YOU REDBIRDS! :happy-bouncyred:

sparky791

Malcolm is a great kid but I wonder about his ceiling. Been playing basketball only all year round for last four years. Your typical gym rat. Personal trainer, AAU ball, etc. Wish him the best.

Top Bottom