September 4th....

chuckie1980

A Friday night Redbird game. I am ready. I should be living in Champaign Urbana by then...and I stumbled on some fb conversations following the Redbox game. As much Red Koolaid I drink and become Bird Intoxicated...I am glad Orange Crush does not affect me.

This website definitely contains all kinds of tastes from a fan. It is easy for me to read what I like and stay away from what I think are over the top comments. THANK YOU to both the good and bad conversations that come up on this website....and compared to CU....the DRUNKs in CU on Orange Crush are definitely super sweeter and I can taste the bile in the back of my throat when I read these comments from friends....but the negative side is a bit more disastrous in CU, as well.

With the current scholarships available to each school....THIS September 4th will be one of the best opportunities to knock off the Illini. I still think the Illini will be ready for the Redbirds and most likely win. But the atmosphere that the Redbirds are invited in when walking into Memorial Stadium cannot be beat or compared to any other venue.

Man...I want a victory in Champaign.....and I would probably pass out if the Northwestern end game happened on September 4th.

SoCalRedbird

chuckie1980 said:
A Friday night Redbird game. I am ready. I should be living in Champaign Urbana by then...and I stumbled on some fb conversations following the Redbox game. As much Red Koolaid I drink and become Bird Intoxicated...I am glad Orange Crush does not affect me.

This website definitely contains all kinds of tastes from a fan. It is easy for me to read what I like and stay away from what I think are over the top comments. THANK YOU to both the good and bad conversations that come up on this website....and compared to CU....the DRUNKs in CU on Orange Crush are definitely super sweeter and I can taste the bile in the back of my throat when I read these comments from friends....but the negative side is a bit more disastrous in CU, as well.

With the current scholarships available to each school....THIS September 4th will be one of the best opportunities to knock off the Illini. I still think the Illini will be ready for the Redbirds and most likely win. But the atmosphere that the Redbirds are invited in when walking into Memorial Stadium cannot be beat or compared to any other venue.

Man...I want a victory in Champaign.....and I would probably pass out if the Northwestern end game happened on September 4th.
I'll be flying back for it with my dad, an Illini grad. Having been raised in C-U, this is the only game I'll be rooting for the Illini to lose.

They return a lot on both sides of the ball. So do we. It'll be a fun game to see.

ISU 24
UI 21

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

StLRedbird

This is not just a football game, but family business for many, maybe most of us. There are certain relatives of mine that I would greet forever more with some comment about the game, should we happen to pull this off. At first blush, it seems like a game we would win maybe one in five times. Not impossible, right?

The Illini return sixteen starters and beat Wisconsin when they had nat'l championship aspirations. Given the similarity in the style of Wisconsin and our 'birds, I wish I'd watched that game. One thing is for sun-is-comin-up-in-the-morning certain... They have fewer questions to answer on offense than we do. If Davis enters pre-season camp with no restrictions, I'll be getting more hopeful.

cpacmel

StLRedbird said:
The Illini return sixteen starters and beat Wisconsin when they had nat'l championship aspirations.

They also loss to a brutal NW team, that was playing their 4th string QB on a senior day in Champaign 29-10.

They were very much a Jekyll and Hyde team.

chuckie1980

From newsie tidbits...Early Signing that just happened....Birds had 12 newbies....and North Dakota State reported 24...and the Illini...12....hmmm....

I hope BRMM will be included in the Friday night happenings....

redbirdfan04

Is it Labor day weekend yet??!!! I feel lost without some Redbird football. I find it hard to go on the basketball side and going to the games is just as rough right now. I started making a tailgate list for the game already. Can we start a show of hands of who is going to that shit hole to the east.

Redbirds100

I am, let's have a tailgate party!!!! Everyone brings a dish, BBQ?
I am sure ISU will have a tent/Party too for $$$ like at NIU, that I skipped...

StLRedbird

My brother, an Illinois grad, and I will be set up in the Grange Grove. Quinn's new sidebar says 220 days.

chuckie1980

the only time I have ever tailgated....was at Soldier Field...during a CareBear Game (strike?) and the Big Red Marching Machine was the half time entertainment.

Count me IN on attending any tailgate and the game.

TIMMY

I'm in! Who's bringing the Avantis? I'll bring the Spotted Cow.
Mrs. Timmy and 4 of her brothers are Illinois grads. That left one brother in law to fight the good fight with me. We lost him recently to cancer so it's been left to me. Every time I see a cardinal.....well you know. He'll be there with us.
Seriously. I'm In!

crazzymark

I and Mrs Crazzy are planning to attend....1st time she has been to Illinois and the last time I was there was 2008...so going to see the pink house on the hill by Downs (where I grow up, now it is white! lol Go by the ouse on Jersey Ave and hit Lucca, Tobins, Pub II and Avanti's. To bad Brantville is long gone, was right by the old sign shop.

redbirdfan04

Okay fellas I am looking for a tailgate spot. As soon as I secure a place I will let everyone know. I had 16 pounds of pulled pork and 50 chicken legs from my smoker for the niu game. I will step up my smoker for this game. I am more than willing to feed my fellow posters but tell your orange friends to shove it!! I'm excited to tailgate with you guys. Sounds like many redbird fans are coming in from far locations.

If anyone has tips on where we should set up our tailgate let me know.

DBird

TIMMY said:
Mrs. Timmy and 4 of her brothers are Illinois grads. That left one brother in law to fight the good fight with me. We lost him recently to cancer so it's been left to me. Every time I see a cardinal.....well you know. He'll be there with us.
Seriously. I'm In!
Spotted Cow?
:angry-tappingfoot:

TIMMY

DBird said:
TIMMY said:
Seriously. I'm In!
Spotted Cow?
DBird you place your order and I'll bring it down for you. What'll ya have. Schlitz? Old Milwaukee? How about some Rhinelander shorties?

Chi-bird

Redbirds100 said:
I am, let's have a tailgate party!!!! Everyone brings a dish, BBQ?
I am sure ISU will have a tent/Party too for $$$ like at NIU, that I skipped...

:text-+1:

chuckie1980

We need a theme...and if only we had something....arrive at the right time....hmmmm.

StLRedbird inspired a fantasy...Avanti's jumps on the bandwagon for the Sept4 affront, a penny a loaf of Italian Bread, and we emerge, Gondola Loaf raised by strong arm....ready to pillage and plunder....

chuckie1980

A Redbird with a head of blue and orange feathers....OR more simply....

An ORANGE "ILLINOIS" with a RED "STATE" … we could even start passing out bumper stickers...

DBird

TIMMY said:
DBird said:
TIMMY said:
Seriously. I'm In!
Spotted Cow?
DBird you place your order and I'll bring it down for you. What'll ya have. Schlitz? Old Milwaukee? How about some Rhinelander shorties?
Careful, I may have expensive tastes!!

Top Bottom