Seniors Coming Back

Dmills

We had 11 seniors for this spring according to roster. This is a list of what their plans are:

Returning
DB Jarrell Jackson
P JT Bohlken
FB Tim McCloyn
LB Brandon Simon
OL Trey Georgie
OL Cole Anderson
DL Michael Gomez
DL Luke McCall
DL Jacob Powell

Moving On
OL Drew Himmelman - Will be entering the draft
TE Robert Gillum - Entered the transfer portal

I am surprised there are so many intending to come back. This may boost transfer numbers (ex. Adam Saul), but hoping not to lose any key OL or DL pieces as a result. I think this will put us in a great position for the fall.

Last edited:

crazzymark

It will be interesting to see how may have postgraduate aspirations at the University that will be the telling tell about how they're going to approach doing an additional year of the NCAA protocols.

fourthandshort

This aspect may be part of Spack's rationale for opting out rest of spring. Worried he was decimating his roster for fall ... between get banged up, injured, and just worn out. Spack works his players hard, some would argue too hard, and this takes a toll. Maybe there were rumblings some seniors would be done.

Again, I don't blame Spack for his decision .. as much as it doesn't fit with his whole personality and culture, it makes some sense. Only he and other insiders know what all played into it.

Note, I didn't listen to his press conference yet .. maybe he revealed some of the reasons. Though I would assume he didn't disclose everything.

Dmills

Last edited by a moderator:

Dmills

Updated with Robert Gillum entering the portal

crazzymark

He wont get much playing time with T getting so many receptions this spring

redbirdfan04

Updated with Robert Gillum entering the portal
It was fun to watch you big guy! I still remember him lead blocking for 25 and taking out two guys on the edge. It was a thing of beauty. Another TE that was not used in the passing game enough in my opinion. I hope he finds the right fit to finish his college career.

JHBird

I remember that long TD he caught at EIU a few years back; I thought we had a real weapon in him. You're right, not used enough.

Top Bottom