SDSU

Redbird15

Just saw SDSU get bail out on a miss FG and penaly on UNI because player leap up and fell over the line. Then go back kick a FG to win the game 31-28 over UNI. With that being said ISU offense needs to put up 28 points against SDSU to win... maybe we can get a football GOD and shock the world next week.

Last edited:

RedbirdSoxFan

Just saw SDSU get bail out on a miss FG and penaly on NIU because player leap up and fell over the line. Then go back kick a FG to win the game 31-28 over NIU. With that being said ISU offense needs to put up 28 points against SDSU to win... maybe we can get a football GOD and shock the world next week.
Didn’t NIU play C Michigan today?

Total Red

Staff member
South Dakota St., The Jackbunnies, Numero Uno - whatever you call them they're up next and they are hard to score on. Some Valley have teams have managed to score on them but not enough to win. N. Iowa scored 28 and North Dakota scored 35 while losing to SDSU. Both N. Iowa and North Dakota got the majority of their yardage through the air. N. Iowa - 270 yards passing, 88 rushing. UND - 291 yards passing and just 74 net yards rushing. Bottom line - The Redbirds must take to the air. Annexstad wears the holster and goes gunslinger. Throw the seam of the ball. INT's? maybe, maybe not. Not if Zack is ON on Saturday and the receivers are gripping the rock. We won't run on them. Slinging it is our only chance. Not a good chance but a chance. AIR - IT - OUT

1667947144133.png

Birgs

I believe our defensive backfield will keep it competitive for a couple of quarters, but eventually get worn down. If we had our RB, it could have been slightly more interesting. I'm seeing a 42-10 kinda thing (Rabbits straight/no points/over). Hope I'm wrong.

Virginia Redbird

I just don't see how the Redbirds win this game. SDSU is very good and playing at home. The Birds are going to be missing QB #1 it appears. Rittenhouse played well I thought against YSU but they will have to open things up a bit more against SDSU and now SDSU has the benefit of seeing what Rittenhouse can do and better plan how to defend him. YSU did not have that benefit. I don't think the Birds get blown out but I don't think they can match the talent on the other side of the ball. ISU is averaging 18.1 points a game, one of only four MVFC teams averaging less than 20 points a game. (ISU offense has improved but still a ways to go). Their HC, Stieglmaeier, has been there for a very long time and has been very successful.

Here are the intangibles for the game. SDSU has clinched a playoff berth and a share of the MVFC title. A win against the Birds would give them the MVFC title outright and a 10-0 regular season record against FCS opponents. They have never accomplished either milestone before. With a win, they probably clinch one of the two top-seed playoff spots and a guarantee to be home throughout the playoffs. Also, it is Senior Day for SDSU. Make absolutely no mistake about it, this game is a big one and a very important one to the Jacks. They will come out swinging with all they have. They have a bunch of things to play for!

The Jacks are first in the Valley in scoring defense (16.4) and total defense (270.5). The Jack's defense leads the MVFC in interceptions and is second in sacks. Maybe the best thing going for the Redbirds is the temps forecasted now for game time is 24 degrees. It will be cold and that may dampen the passing attack and maybe lead to some turnovers. Both teams play outside so I do not expect the cold weather to be any factor at all either way. Both teams are used to it.

Upsets happen all the time but looking at all the factors I see the Redbirds losing their third game in a row and licking their wounds heading back to normal for what will be a totally meaningless game against Western and questions about what could have been.

MadBird

I just don't see how the Redbirds win this game. SDSU is very good and playing at home. The Birds are going to be missing QB #1 it appears. Rittenhouse played well I thought against YSU but they will have to open things up a bit more against SDSU and now SDSU has the benefit of seeing what Rittenhouse can do and better plan how to defend him. YSU did not have that benefit. I don't think the Birds get blown out but I don't think they can match the talent on the other side of the ball. ISU is averaging 18.1 points a game, one of only four MVFC teams averaging less than 20 points a game. (ISU offense has improved but still a ways to go). Their HC, Stieglmaeier, has been there for a very long time and has been very successful.

Here are the intangibles for the game. SDSU has clinched a playoff berth and a share of the MVFC title. A win against the Birds would give them the MVFC title outright and a 10-0 regular season record against FCS opponents. They have never accomplished either milestone before. With a win, they probably clinch one of the two top-seed playoff spots and a guarantee to be home throughout the playoffs. Also, it is Senior Day for SDSU. Make absolutely no mistake about it, this game is a big one and a very important one to the Jacks. They will come out swinging with all they have. They have a bunch of things to play for!

The Jacks are first in the Valley in scoring defense (16.4) and total defense (270.5). The Jack's defense leads the MVFC in interceptions and is second in sacks. Maybe the best thing going for the Redbirds is the temps forecasted now for game time is 24 degrees. It will be cold and that may dampen the passing attack and maybe lead to some turnovers. Both teams play outside so I do not expect the cold weather to be any factor at all either way. Both teams are used to it.

Upsets happen all the time but looking at all the factors I see the Redbirds losing their third game in a row and licking their wounds heading back to normal for what will be a totally meaningless game against Western and questions about what could have been.
I hope you're tied up this weekend and not available to Spack to deliver pre-game pep talk in the locker room!!! 🤣

Total Red

Staff member
This has been a rough way for Tommy Rittenhouse to start. First the howling wind against YSU and now on the road against the #1 team with a stiff defense. I agree with Virginia. We may already have put Rittenhouse's best plays on film and SDSU will be ready but hoping for the best. If he can play against these guys he can play against anybody.

ISUBU

Howling wind? Stiff defense?

How about temperatures in the low 20s for tomorrow.

Virginia Redbird

I think this article was a very fair and accurate assessment. I think the predicted score of 27-10 is a reasonable guess too. I hope the Redbirds pull a Jackrabbit out of a hat today but an objective look seems to be that the Redbirds are overmatched against an opponent with a lot to play for today. Go Redbirds! Let's hope for an upset in SD!

RBFANTOO

Is there even a remote chance that the Redbirds can post a W today?
No No No GIF

crazzymark

Well another no starting quarterback, no starting running back prevent offense game we're going to get buried

crazzymark

And another year where we don't get in the playoffs might be Brock's last year unfortunately it made me bring an ACC or SCC or Big 10 coach to take over and guide this team to the next level

Top Bottom