Sam Fenlason - STATS special teams - honorable mention (game 10)

fourthandshort

Draka got his own threa, so figured Fenlason deserved one too ... what year he's having after his struggles i 2018.

From other thread .... Sam Fenlason got honorable mention for spcial teams player of week ... he was 4 for 4 yesterday including him nailing the his 4th from 46 with plenty of distance and accuracy. His confidence has to be at pretty high level. Recall a year ago, this was a weak spot for us.

Most improved Redbird from 2018 to 2019 may very well be kicker Sam Fenlason .. last year, he was 3 of 7 (all 30+) before losing his job to Punter Bohlken, who was actually no better going 4 of 8, including 3 kicks under 30 yards. This year, Fenlason is 12 of 14, with just 4 inside 30 yards. He is having quit bounce back year !!!

Birdswin

I would agree - Fenlason has been much improved over last season. Besides last week up in Brookings, how about the FG he made versus Indy State in the rain?? Talk about adverse conditions and slippery turf - made a BIG difference in the game for some time.

I was very glad Coach Spack allowed him the chance for that 46 yd attempt instead of punting - which I think would have given the Jackrabbit offense confidence. Fenlason rewarded the decision and sealed the outcome of the game - Great Job!!!!!

fourthandshort

Too bad he is a senior, but he is going out with a bang ... a very nice season for him.

Top Bottom