Reports of Oklahoma in 2023

GratefulRed

https://fbschedules.com/oklahoma-adds-illinois-state-to-2023-football-schedule/

$625K for the visit

Manchester Matt

Amazing job to get multiple Big Ten, an SEC, and now a Big 12 team, the premier one at that, on future nonconference schedules.

Adunk33

Staff member
Hearing Oklahoma is opening at -57.5.

Very exciting that they continue to schedule these games!

fourthandshort

we continue to go a great job scheduling FBS games ... kudos if we get this one too !!!!

I think it's time to dial down the EIU h&h every year ... let's do it every other year for sake of tradition and ease of OOC scheduling & budgets. But it's time for our program step up and find some new OOC games ... Big Sky or Southland would be some good or interesting matchups !!

Nice get on Oklahoma ... assuming we "get".

Hamdonger

Congrats(!) to Redbird football AND admin for getting this game! It ain't easy getting games that the so-called experts (us) clamor for.

Little tidbits. Senior associate AD for External ops and main media man Kenny Mossman spent 10 yrs at ISU. AD Joe Castiglione was a finalist for the ISU job post-Ron Wellman.

StLRedbird

I'm trying to talk myself into how this is a good idea. OU doesn't play many FCS games, so I collected all non-P5 games for the last 10 yrs.

2019 - OU 49 Houston 31
2019 - OU 70 So Dakota 14 (FCS)
2018 - OU 63 FAU 14
2018 - OU 28 #19 Army 21
2017 - OU 56 UTEP 7
2017 - OU 56 Tulane 14
2016 - #15 Houston 33 OU 23
2016 - OU 59 LA-Monroe 17
2015 - OU 41 Akron 3
2015 - OU 52 Tulsa 38
2014 - OU 48 LA Tech 16
2014 - OU 52 Tulsa 7
2013 - OU 34 LA-Monroe 0
2013 - OU 51 Tulsa 20
2012 - OU 24 UTEP 7
2012 - OU 69 Florida A&M 13 (FCS)
2011 - OU 47 Tulsa 14
2011 - OU 62 Ball St 6
2010 - OU 31 Utah St 24
2010 - OU 27 Air Force 24

Hamdonger

All respect to you, but...how this is a good idea?? Illinois State has an opportunity to waltz into one of the greatest gameday experiences that college football has to offer...with the opportunity to knock off a truly elite program.

Now the likelihood of that happening is about as likely as Timmy having a sex change and running off with jsn7t2iwvxye...but nevertheless, it is MOST DEFINITELY a good idea. Plus, I don't think OU's check will bounce.

Hamdonger

StLRedbird said:
I'm trying to talk myself into how this is a good idea.

All respect to you, but...how this is a good idea?? Illinois State has an opportunity to waltz into one of the greatest gameday experiences that college football has to offer...with the opportunity to knock off a truly elite program.

Now the likelihood of that happening is about as likely as Timmy having a sex change and running off with jsn7t2iwvxye...but nevertheless, it is MOST DEFINITELY a good idea. Plus, I don't think OU's check will bounce.

Jon99

RBFANTOO said:
GratefulRed said:

$625K for the visit
Hell, I would go to OK for half the price!

So after we get our asses kicked and then pay for transportation, hotels and meals for 100 people... whats the athletic department actually net?? I would have rather gone there for nothing and play them a 2:1 away/home series in basketball over the next 10 years..

Hamdonger

Jon99 said:
RBFANTOO said:
GratefulRed said:

$625K for the visit

So after we get our asses kicked and then pay for transportation, hotels and meals for 100 people... whats the athletic department actually net?? I would have rather gone there for nothing and play them a 2:1 away/home series in basketball over the next 10 years..

Well if you have the cliff notes for how to get that done, please advise.

Hamdonger

Jon99 said:
RBFANTOO said:
GratefulRed said:

$625K for the visit

Boy I'm sure glad we collect those 625K individual checks for our trip to the Dakota's, though.

It's the friggin' OKLAHOMA SOONERS. I'd sign this deal 6 days a week and twice on Sundays.

Hamdonger

Jon99 said:
So after we get our asses kicked and then pay for transportation, hotels and meals for 100 people... whats the athletic department actually net??

Scary thought, but what do we actually net for a 10K attended home game? Bottom line is we're NETTING a good chunk of change for the opportunity of TheNormalBoys playing TheNormanBoys...along with a ship-ton of exposure.

Are you dissenters on a morphine drip?? This is a colossal no brainer and a dazzling opportunity.

Jon99

Humdinger said:
Jon99 said:
RBFANTOO said:

You don't think there is a P5 school that would do that???

And I love this game, if we keep it remotely close its a win win for the program.. plus the payout is a positive, NIU keeps their athletic department afloat with these types of games, over $3M this year..

Hamdonger

Jon99 said:
Humdinger said:
Jon99 said:

You don't think there is a P5 school that would do that???

And I love this game, if we keep it remotely close its a win win for the program.. plus the payout is a positive, NIU keeps their athletic department afloat with these types of games, over $3M this year..

You don't think we have offered a 2:1 time and time again to P5's??? Again, if you can make it happen, lead the way.

Top Bottom