Reeves declares for draft

ricohill

I get he is trying to get evaluated, but is the nba interested in a guy that isn’t even all conference? The advice kids get nowadays is insane

CB2K

I don’t see any issues here. Maybe he will get some advice as to what he needs to improve on.
Agree -- it's always good to get feedback. He has improved each year where it might not always show up in the stat column but I expect to see those results as he matures into his junior and senior seasons. His defense has improved from his frosh year and he was quite decent at the end of that year too. Offense can sometime be a bit on the dow jones side but he usually doesn't try to force the issue when not getting open shots. I am hoping to see him put it all together next season and become more consistent especially on offense because his defense is one of the best on the team.

TIMMY

Good for him. Hope he learns a lot and keeps getting better. Smart move.

Get in the weight room!

Brick

Insane. How much advice can he get to make this a good idea. 12 points a game for last place team. Jeez!

DougSutton

Love this and very happy for him to continue working on improving his game. Very few kids growing up dreaming of playing college (and pro) basketball ever get the chance and even fewer ever have an opportunity like this. For those that aren't aware, declaring for the draft allows him to participate in activities he otherwise would not be able to.

I don't understand how anyone could hate on this, especially anyone who has never competed on this level. I only see upside from this experience and love how he gave appreciation and humility to the Illinois State family. Congrats Antonio, it's an experience I'm sure he'll appreciate for the rest of his life!

BTbird

Selfishly, I hope he comes back because I think he is going to have a big year for ISU next year. He has nothing to lose by going through this process.

jamminjamarsmiley

I could have saved him the trouble in getting NBA draft feedback:

* Needs to get in weight room - like a lot.
* Needs to shoot higher % specifically from 3Pt land
* Needs to be a better ball handler
* Needs to improve Ast/TO ratio which was 1.4/1.8 last season
* Needs to play better defense
* Needs to play better competition consistently

Otherwise he may have a shot. Have not seen Dan make any public comments? Interesting, usually a coach will come out supporting his player in these situations. I am guessing Dan is vacationing in Florida and too busy.

Redbirdwarrior

He has not hired an agent and right now, while I like him, probably wouldn't get drafted if the NBA had 6 rounds and I'm confident that he and his family know this. He is likely aware he is going to have to come out and be a 20 point a night guy next year to get legitimate looks. But he needs access to those scouts and camps now and I dont see a better way to do it than this.

CaliRdBrd

I don’t see any harm at all in him testing the waters. Why the hell not give it a shot?
Good luck!

ISU FAN 1

What if the feedback is, you need to enter the transfer portal, and get to a coach/program that can develop your talent?

College basketball is increasingly about who can best navigate the transfer/grad transfer market. Another failed area for Muller, IMO. The new ease of transfer era certainly benefits the P5 programs that are poaching the best players from programs further down the food chain. Today’s youth tends to bail at the first sign of any adversity.

Last edited:

Manchester Matt

I could have saved him the trouble in getting NBA draft feedback:

* Needs to get in weight room - like a lot.
* Needs to shoot higher % specifically from 3Pt land
* Needs to be a better ball handler
* Needs to improve Ast/TO ratio which was 1.4/1.8 last season
* Needs to play better defense
* Needs to play better competition consistently

Otherwise he may have a shot. Have not seen Dan make any public comments? Interesting, usually a coach will come out supporting his player in these situations. I am guessing Dan is vacationing in Florida and too busy.

I mean, yeah, we all know what he needs to work on. However, what’s the negative of getting the extra workouts in?

Bird Friend

What if the feedback is, you need to enter the transfer portal, and get to a coach/program that can develop your talent?

College basketball is increasingly about who can best navigate the transfer/grad transfer market. Another failed area for Muller, IMO. The new ease of transfer era certainly benefits the P5 programs that are poaching the best players from programs further down the food chain. Today’s youth tends to bail at the first sign of any adversity.
I’m not sure adversity has to even be involved for the transfer bug to bite.

Trey_Guidry4three

Lol I have to admit I never saw this coming... maybe he is starting a trend or an effort to get more attention to become a transfer? I snicker at a lot of the comments from people talking so positive about this announcement??? There is virtually no positive that comes out of this. Lol @ the know it all motivational speaker on this board who has played at a very high level at the YMCA and wants to lecture everyone about how great this is.

Top Bottom