Redbirds v. Valpo, 1/23 5:00 PM Marquee (ESPN3)

Bird Friend

Nick Robinson opts out of rest of season . . . was averaging 9.1 and 3.6

ISU86

Illinois State -2 | 138 1/2 Valparaiso

excluding weather-related postponements, cannot recall a conference Saturday with only one game on the slate

Redbirds 72, Crusaders 67

Redbird222

Curious if Fleming starts. Pantagraph article said Dan indicated it was discussed.

Birds hit magic 69
Valpo 61

redbirdron1

I'm hoping the Birds pick up 2 significant victories over the weekend - looking for a comfortable 20 pt victory today
to build off the BU game. This is a stretch and yes, just had the morning Bird juice. Hoping to see Fleming start and play
very well with a minimum of turnovers. Let Horne and others roam the perimeter as Fleming does the offense management
out front with a steady dose of penetration as he does.
Wouldn't it be something to see the two 6'10 guys have a presence in the paint - and, Abdou get his act together and contribute.

Go Birds.

CB2K

Yes, would love to see Abdou improve. From what I understand he is a very hard worker but you see he gets down on himself when he makes a mistake. He also over reacts to any movement by the defender. He falls for most pump fakes but has gotten better on that from last year. Just hope he keeps improving because he could be a force defensively down low. I haven't really seen much post up offense from him but maybe that will come too as he progresses. He is quick and can run the floor for a big guy.

I also agree on Fleming -- just a handful of games of college ball and he looks solid. In time he will get the turnovers under control but this guy is a true point guard and 6'5" at that. Looking for him to continue to grow and get better and better. I like that he can penetrate and make both good passes and even difficult ones.

I hope they at least split this series but a sweep would be great. Consistency for a young team can be challenging. Just want to keep seeing the effort and improvement for this year.

Redbird Alum 2004

Need to see a lock down defense today. We need to show the defensive intensity on Wednesday wasn't just because we were playing Bradley. The fast break points off defense can eliminate the offensive dry periods.

Last edited:

SgtHulka

I'm hoping the Birds pick up 2 significant victories over the weekend - looking for a comfortable 20 pt victory today
to build off the BU game. This is a stretch and yes, just had the morning Bird juice. Hoping to see Fleming start and play
very well with a minimum of turnovers. Let Horne and others roam the perimeter as Fleming does the offense management
out front with a steady dose of penetration as he does.
Wouldn't it be something to see the two 6'10 guys have a presence in the paint - and, Abdou get his act together and contribute.

Go Birds.
Approval I Agree GIF by eUnited

Redbird222

Valpo has made a few long 3s. Our guards need to help out on the long rebounds .. its going to happen on 3s. 11 of 20 Valpo shots behind the arc

gobirds85

We need to win this game. We just came off a beat down of our rival. This team has 1 win v D1 schools. This shouldn’t even be close but here we are.

WoodlandWarrior

Have to say I’m disappointed so far. We’re having a tough time guarding 3s. Fleming should replaceReeves in the starting lineup.

Redbird82

Valpo has almost as many in the 1st half as they did the whole game against Loyola. We are back to taking forced poor shots. Very disappointing effort so far.

Redbird222

We gave up 7 offensive rebounds. Guards have to help on those long rebounds. We went to the hoop but cannot convert

2 fo 6 33% from 3
8 for 24 33% from 2

Top Bottom