Redbirds v Valparaiso 1/24 5:00 PM Marquee (ESPN3)

ISU86

Loyola-Chicago -8 | 128 1/2 at Bradley
Illinois State -1 | 138 1/2 Valparaiso

Northern Iowa
hosts Coe

Kelly Burke joins Kurt Pegler on the telecast today, filling the analyst/color commentator role for Bob Morris.

I would like to see Fleming Jr. start over Strong today. Strong needs to find his stroke and is forcing/taking too many shots. Cannot afford to start another game down eight only four minutes in and essentially tread water the rest of the way.

Also, no Kotov/Ndaiye combination on the floor. Too offensively limited as it is without two bigs who can/will not use their size to rebound/score inside.

CaliRdBrd

Loyola-Chicago -8 | 128 1/2 at Bradley
Illinois State -1 | 138 1/2 Valparaiso

Northern Iowa
hosts Coe

Kelly Burke joins Kurt Pegler on the telecast today, filling the analyst/color commentator role for Bob Morris.

I would like to see Fleming Jr. start over Strong today. Strong needs to find his stroke and is forcing/taking too many shots. Cannot afford to start another game down eight only four minutes in and essentially tread water the rest of the way.

Also, no Kotov/Ndaiye combination on the floor. Too offensively limited as it is without two bigs who can/will not use their size to rebound/score inside.
I’d like to see Fleming, maybe Muller, and three random students from a pick up game in front of Tri-Towers.
Maybe that’ll give us the “energy” were so obviously lacking....

Adunk33

Staff member
Boyd sustained a left wrist injury yesterday. Questionable for tonight.

Bird Friend

Krikke up 8-7. Valpo up 13-7. Valpo more aggressiv. Our interior is nonexistent.

crazzymark

That woman's voice announcing is I freaking fingernails on a chalkboard thank goodness for wjbc

Redbird82

Our defense isn’t any good it our offense is worse. We can’t practice anything on offense. There literally is no game plan whatsoever

Loyl2u

So the 1-3-1 didn’t work almost the entire game yesterday and not working today- when do we try something different?

gobirds85

Our defense isn’t any good it our offense is worse. We can’t practice anything on offense. There literally is no game plan whatsoever

Maybe that’s the method to the madness. Have no game plan so opposing coaches can’t devise a defensive game plan. Dan is more clever than we thought. I’m really jealous of NIU now.

Down 13. Got em right where we want them. Oops my bad down 16. Holy shit.

stats

It seems like we spend a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to beat the team we are playing that day, while sometimes it works. It also seems like we spend little time making ourselves a good team with fundamentals, and a system for others to try to stop.

Redbird222

So the 1-3-1 didn’t work almost the entire game yesterday and not working today- when do we try something different?
I was thinking the same ... what do have to lose? Obviously no confidence in our man to man

Redbird222

Gave up 8 offensive rebounds to Valpo and can't make a 2. Shooting 4 for 17 (23.5%) from 2

Deja vu

gobirds85

Just setting em up for the epic second half comeback. Only down 12 to Valpo. When he gets paid, do you think he feels the slightest bit guilty?

Loyl2u

It’s a 2-3 zone. But maybe we should try a 1-3-1.
More fun to argue about this than watch this game 🤪( acknowledging they set the “press up with a 2-2-1 look) i think ito more a 1-31, in half-court the Birds have 1 big on baseline(hence doesn’t get to corner shots)-1 guard on ball out front and the other 3 spread acrossabove free throw line extended And suppose to pinch down to corner

Last play of half, the Birds actually came out in 2-3, took away the corners and confused Valpo. I wish they’d done that where we might have had a few trips up/down before Valpo coaching staff had the ability to coach up “if they do this”.

id still like to see the, try man-to-man, while I ‘ve been critical of it in the past, they need to try something different.

cubird

Ndiaye and Sissoko can't finish in paint and Strong is in a hell of a slump. That is at least 8 missed shots for the trio.

Top Bottom