Redbirds v Indiana State 1/17 3:00 PM Marquee (ESPN3)

ISU86

Bradley -9 | 126 Evansville
Indiana State -5 | 141 1/2 at Illinois State
Loyola-Chicago -10 1/2 | 137 1/2 Northern Iowa

Missouri State
hosts Missouri S&T

no prediction today, just hoping for better result

Loyl2u

-So what if Dusan and Ndiaye were actually on the floor at the same time- Dusan’s offense and Ndiaye‘s defense; would it create more matchup problems for the Birds or INSU? Could an offensive set with a big on the block open up the clogged perimeter for better looks and mean more rebounds. Would INSU have to play another big for defense? Credit to coaches for working on zone before E’ville, but Trees have figured out that they can go to the baseline and attack it, except when Ndiaye is on the base line as shot blocker. How about trying Horne at the point, Reeves, Strong, Dusan and Ndiaye- yes I’m getting desperate, but based upon the results last year and so far, shouldn’t the Redbirds be trying something different.

Redbird222

-So what if Dusan and Ndiaye were actually on the floor at the same time- Dusan’s offense and Ndiaye‘s defense; would it create more matchup problems for the Birds or INSU? Could an offensive set with a big on the block open up the clogged perimeter for better looks and mean more rebounds. Would INSU have to play another big for defense? Credit to coaches for working on zone before E’ville, but Trees have figured out that they can go to the baseline and attack it, except when Ndiaye is on the base line as shot blocker. How about trying Horne at the point, Reeves, Strong, Dusan and Ndiaye- yes I’m getting desperate, but based upon the results last year and so far, shouldn’t the Redbirds be trying something different.
I dont think Horne is a good passer and he doesn't seem to get other players involved. I think he is much better as the shooting guard.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dusan and Abdou at the same time except who will spell them and provide minute relief. You could bring in Sissoko but Kotov just looks like a liability on both ends of the floor. We have no front court depth at all.

Redbird Alum 2004

I dont think Horne is a good passer and he doesn't seem to get other players involved. I think he is much better as the shooting guard.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dusan and Abdou at the same time except who will spell them and provide minute relief. You could bring in Sissoko but Kotov just looks like a liability on both ends of the floor. We have no front court depth at all.
Kotov hasn't impressed me at all. Seems slow and has bricks for hands.

Curious if this team wins a lot next year if everyone will still be in the fire Dan train? What would it take to change your mind?

RedbirdSoxFan

I don’t think Emon is playing today. Banged his knee late in yesterday’s game.

Last edited:

RedbirdSoxFan

Curious if this team wins a lot next year if everyone will still be in the fire Dan train? What would it take to change your mind?
Fleming needs to slow down and let the game come to him. And too much dribbling.

WoodlandWarrior

Great start....missed free throws, turnover, and allowing two inside buckets. Tre Williams outplaying Dusan.

Redbird222

Second foul on LaRavia. It seems like we are committed to trying and pound it inside

Now 1 for 5 on free-throws

Redbird222

Horne going to the bench helped our defense today. Birds playing with some life

Redbird222

Today was the best he looked so far. I am glad he is making me eat my words today. Nothing spectacular but at least respectable

Redbird Alum 2004

The birds show flashes of what they can be. Need to see more of those flashes. They seem to get going then all of a sudden the ball stops moving on offense or the hustle stops on defense.

stats

Indiana State just committed their first turnover over the game (in the second half). It was unforced. We seem to be shooting well and not fouling, but basically we are letting the Sycamores do what they want on offense.

AllFacts

Wow, really beginning to see your hate for the kid. Just yesterday he had 5 assists / 3 steals. Is everything wrong with this team Djs fault? Just wow!

AllFacts

Wow, really beginning to see your hate for the kid. Just yesterday he had 5 assists / 3 steals. Is everything wrong with this team Djs fault? Just wow!
Should he just transfer after the season? Would you like that?

Top Bottom