Redbirds @ Evansville 1/9 1:00 PM ESPN3

ISU86

Indiana State -5 | 142 1/2 Southern Illinois
Evansville -4 | 134 1/2 Illinois State
Missouri State Pk | 142 1/2 at Valparaiso

At this point, based on this season there is no logical reason to think the Aces would not cover the spread. Maybe the eleven days away from competition will be a plus.

Aces 74, Redbirds 67 (more of a hope that we are this competitive)

Redbird222

The Birds have a chance if they guard the 3 well and don't foul. Evansville doesn't present the inside matchup problem other teams do. We need a balance attack ... we need the Dusan of Murray St vs Loyola.

I am going out on a limb ...

Birds 72
Aces 68

Redbird Alum 2004

I think this is a huge weekend for this program. After two weeks of actual practice we should see improvement. Improvement in ball movement. Improvement in movement without the ball. Improvement of on ball defense. Finally improvement help side defense. Win or lose if we don't see these improvements then I think it will show the team isn't responding to Dan. I really hope we see improvement. I want the birds to turn this around. I don't care if that means Dan stays if this team stays improving.

Birds 76
Aces 68

stats

I think this is a huge weekend for this program. After two weeks of actual practice we should see improvement. Improvement in ball movement. Improvement in movement without the ball. Improvement of on ball defense. Finally improvement help side defense. Win or lose if we don't see these improvements then I think it will show the team isn't responding to Dan. I really hope we see improvement. I want the birds to turn this around. I don't care if that means Dan stays if this team stays improving.
I couldn't agree more. I don't think our talent is elite, but I don't think it is bad as most people do. I think the way we have played is atrocious. If Dan didn't spend a second scouting Evansville, I am ok with that. I just hope we show serious improvement on how to play.

Adunk33

Staff member
Hearing Sy didn’t make the trip to UE, but haven’t been able to confirm.

Redbird222

Horne turns the ball over and about 3 guys slow to get back.

Birds up 7 to 6

Seven

Missed the part where the announcer was talking about Fisher/Chastain/Bruninga. Did he say Chastain/Bruninga still practice with the team from time to time?

Adunk33

Staff member
Offense is sloppy. Defense has looked good so far. 2-2-1 full court zone into that extended 2-3.

Sy did not make the trip.

Bird Friend

Up 21-14 @ 6:47. Abdou has been altering shots in the paint. D has been pretty solid.

Redbird222

Need to limit turnovers and this lead would be so much bigger. Switched to man to man and the Defense did not lose a beat

Bird Friend

24-18 @ 3:59. 8 TO. 58% shooting. Not many shots. Few “bad” shots.

Top Bottom