Quality Wins

Bird Friend

The NCAA has changed its definition of quality wins . . . and made it multiple definitions . . . but, more emphasis will be given to road wins. Still heavily favors the "haves". Now if I'm a P5 team, I'm even more likely to make the really good non-P5 teams play on my court.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-men-s-basketball-committee-redefines-quality-win

Based on these rules . . . we still don't make the Dance last year . . . :roll:

Tpguy

Great, now I'm pissed all over again :twisted:

SgtHulka

The taking less heat for losing on the road aspect may help some. Not sure what to make of the neutral site results being factored in, since that is where the odds are better of playing/winning against an opponent that may or may not have expected to play you increase. Not making breakfast plans for Ham and Golden Eggs on Selection Sunday over it.

BTbird

I read it as a good thing. It will probably help us get a home/home against better teams because they won't be penalized if they lose on our court. They now have at least something to gain by playing at Redbird.

Phantom

So when Syracuse finishes 18-14 and goes 3-11 away from home will they be on the bubble again?

Of course they will.

CaliRdBrd

Phantom said:
So when Syracuse finishes 18-14 and goes 3-11 away from home will they be on the bubble again?

Of course they will.

No, they will be a lock. If they go 15-18, 1-14, then they'll be a bubble team.

DWRedbird

CaliRdBrd said:
Phantom said:

Of course they will.

No, they will be a lock. If they go 15-18, 1-14, then they'll be a bubble team.

How sad is it, that I feel like this is closer to the truth than anyone on the Selection committee wants to admit?

Phantom

I recall during the second round last year I had a friend tell me straight up that he felt Syracuse should've been in because of their 3 big wins (Duke, Virginia, FSU.) When I pointed out that while these wins are good, they were all at home, where they also got blasted by Georgetown and St. Johns. AND they were also something like 3-12 away from the Dome. He viewed all that as completely unimportant and said road wins don't matter. I walked away from the conversation at that point.

OF COURSE this all started when he asked me, incredulously, if ISU could really have won a game in the tourney had they gotten in.

Top Bottom