Practices

Redbird Alum 2004

Has anyone taken in a practice recently? Curious how Fisher, Hillsman, Ndiaye and Boyd look. I love watching Fisher and Ndiaye down on the bench. They are so into the game. Can't remember when we had guys sitting out that were so into the games.

PurpleRedbird

I would say the same about the others too. Some of my favorite highlights of the year so far has been the bench reaction to big plays. They have certainly bought in and will greatly ease the transition next year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Morans14

PurpleRedbird said:
I would say the same about the others too. Some of my favorite highlights of the year so far has been the bench reaction to big plays. They have certainly bought in and will greatly ease the transition next year.

Fisher is also quite vocal with everyone on the floor. I would think that will translate into some solid leadership on the floor next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stats

There is one bench guy that is constantly giving defensive instructions on the court. He gives a lot of encouragement, especially after a bad call. After Jefferson got chewed during a time-out, he and another bench player were in Jefferson's ear trying to bring him back up in the huddle. Also, after UNI's player last week started talking trash on the court to our players, our guy on the bench was heckling him right back whenever he was near our bench. He was being discrete about it, which I liked. I don't know all of the bench players, but pretty sure it is Jaycee Hillsman.

Morans14

stats said:
There is one bench guy that is constantly giving defensive instructions on the court. He gives a lot of encouragement, especially after a bad call. After Jefferson got chewed during a time-out, he and another bench player were in Jefferson's ear trying to bring him back up in the huddle. Also, after UNI's player last week started talking trash on the court to our players, our guy on the bench was heckling him right back whenever he was near our bench. He was being discrete about it, which I liked. I don't know all of the bench players, but pretty sure it is Jaycee Hillsman.
That's Fisher.

Redbird Alum 2004

Morans14 said:
stats said:
That's Fisher.

Yeah watching him is giving me some pretty good expectations for his ISU career. Seems to be a leader.

Redbird Alum 2004

Love it
864b51ba47ca46b2d8cf1b6a0aac6913.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

stats

Morans14 said:
stats said:
That's Fisher.

Thanks, we are both talking about the bench guy in the middle. Correct?

DWRedbird

From a watching the bench perspective, it's been watching the bench guys interact with the team. Fisher is always talking to the guys, picking them up, making suggestions, and being kind of a vocal leader. Chas has been doing some of that too on the floor and it wouldn't surprise me to see those two be our floor leaders next year.

Birdman07

N'Diyae looks like a toothpick. Someone give that boy some food stat! Pub II should just be giving him all you can eat cheeseballs.

Hrtnfldhse

The whole bench was helping with defense last night, since it was so quiet at RA for most of the game. Ndiyae v2 is bigger than the Original Ndiyae

PurpleRedbird

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
Love it

Love it. I know we lose a lot after this year, but I am not worried about leadership in the slightest.

Bird Friend

Staff member
PurpleRedbird said:
Redbird Alum 2004 said:
Love it

Love it. I know we lose a lot after this year, but I am not worried about leadership in the slightest.

On the floor leadership could have made the Birds a much more competitive team this year. If we can put close the same talent out there next year but add a true floor leader, we could have a better record. All big ifs that will have to wait to see how things work out. I like the attitude of the guys on the bench, and they seem to enjoy each others' company . . . so I have hope.

stats

Bird Friend said:
PurpleRedbird said:
Redbird Alum 2004 said:
Love it

On the floor leadership could have made the Birds a much more competitive team this year. If we can put close the same talent out there next year but add a true floor leader, we could have a better record. All big ifs that will have to wait to see how things work out. I like the attitude of the guys on the bench, and they seem to enjoy each others' company . . . so I have hope.

We all know what not to do if you are a floor leader, what are expectations of a floor leader?

Bird Friend

Staff member
stats said:
Bird Friend said:
PurpleRedbird said:

We all know what not to do if you are a floor leader, what are expectations of a floor leader?

Easy. Don't do what you're not supposed to do.

stats

Bird Friend said:

Nothing about bringing out the best from your teammates?

So once you make your first foul, first turnover, missed lay-up, bad pass, get beat on defense......you are no longer a leader. You've just ruled out every basketball player that has ever stepped foot on the court.

Bird Friend

Staff member
stats said:
Bird Friend said:

Nothing about bringing out the best from your teammates?

So once you make your first foul, first turnover, missed lay-up, bad pass, get beat on defense......you are no longer a leader. You've just ruled out every basketball player that has ever stepped foot on the court.

Why did you ask if you already knew the answer? Was this a test or something? I mean I would've studied if I had known this was a test. I thought this was just a sarcastic question deserving a sarcastic response. Silly me. Obviously you didn't bring out the best in my post! ;)

Top Bottom