Practice game

cubird

Didn't ISU have a road practice game? Did anyone here how it went?

BirdGrad2011

Didn't ISU have a road practice game? Did anyone here how it went?
Secret scrimmage against Duquesne at Cedarville University in OH. Radio silence from both teams.

Their message board is also attacking local press for lack of anything. Seems Benson may have found his match.

Adunk33

Staff member
Yeah. They played a closed scrimmage against Duquesne on Saturday at a neutral site in Ohio. I think having it at neither campus helped keep it closed.

Scrimmage against Wooster on Sunday at 2pm is free admission. It's your first chance to see the team play together, especially since there was no scrimmage at Hoopfest. The Birds surely won't put much on tape but I'm excited to see flashes of what the season could be, from the good to the bad and ugly. I guess the positive of the limited coverage is that we really have no idea what to expect.

I have a feeling the guys will be further along than expected. I've said it before, but every player on the roster has gone through a D1 season. All the scholarship guys except Schmitt have multiple years. I think we'll see some pretty solid, fundamental basketball Sunday.

ILLST25

Yeah. They played a closed scrimmage against Duquesne on Saturday at a neutral site in Ohio. I think having it at neither campus helped keep it closed.

Scrimmage against Wooster on Sunday at 2pm is free admission. It's your first chance to see the team play together, especially since there was no scrimmage at Hoopfest. The Birds surely won't put much on tape but I'm excited to see flashes of what the season could be, from the good to the bad and ugly. I guess the positive of the limited coverage is that we really have no idea what to expect.

I have a feeling the guys will be further along than expected. I've said it before, but every player on the roster has gone through a D1 season. All the scholarship guys except Schmitt have multiple years. I think we'll see some pretty solid, fundamental basketball Sunday.

If anything, the exhibition will allow us to see what the roster looks like, lineup possibilities, as well as size, strength, and athleticism that we can expect.

Adunk33

Staff member
Yeah they did and won by 13. There’s this one thing that need to be worked on, just like I though offense won’t be a problem with this squad. It’s gonna be fun peeps
Awesome! Any additional insights you can share would be sweet. Usually, some videos or stats leak. I'm wondering if this game was one the Birds were up 20 with a couple minutes left and they put in subs and won by 13. Or if it's more that they were up 5-8 and made their free throws?

Can't wait to see the exhibition on Sunday!

BirdGrad2011

Yeah they did and won by 13. There’s this one thing that need to be worked on, just like I though offense won’t be a problem with this squad. It’s gonna be fun peeps
My question that you may be able to answer is did they finish healthy? That’s what I care about most with these scrimmages and exhibitions. Don’t put much stock into them otherwise as teams are usually trying a ton out and not playing to win.

P

Popsto4

I can’t wait to get there after seeing them run up and down on Mal’s visit months ago. Like I’ve been saying all along I believe they will be a pleasant surprise this year. As a team if you can play solid defense and collectively have a high basketball IQ you’re gonna be ok.

Top Bottom