Poll: Poster names on right or left?

Right side or left side for poster names?

  • Left (old way)

    Votes: 31 86.1%
  • Right (new way)

    Votes: 5 13.9%

  • Total voters
    36
  • Poll closed .

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
6,180
Location
Redbird Country
So on the old board when you looked at the posts in a thread, the posters name and avatar would be on the left side. In this look, I changed it to the right side.

What side do YOU like?
 

Bird Friend

Well-known member
Staff member
Joined
Jul 17, 2017
Messages
11,288
My answer: Yes. Right or left. Top or bottom makes no sense.
 

Birdswin

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 20, 2017
Messages
2,000
People read from left to right - so why would placing the name on the right may any sense??
 

Redbirdfan21

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2017
Messages
1,283
Location
Springfield, IL
Its not a huge deal but I see who made the post, then look down to read it. So it makes sense for me to have it in the left, right above where their sentence starts...
 

SgtHulka

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2017
Messages
6,386
Redbirdfan21 said:
Its not a huge deal but I see who made the post, then look down to read it. So it makes sense for me to have it in the left, right above where their sentence starts...

And1
 

fourthandshort

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2017
Messages
8,676
any way to darken the grey shading between each post ... they run together visually.
 

PubIIDreaming

New member
Joined
Jul 17, 2017
Messages
711
isuquinndog said:
fourthandshort said:
any way to darken the grey shading between each post ... they run together visually.

Thoughts?

https://redbirdfan.net/forum_test/

No, thats worse! Its like I'm in a dark room and I'm stumbling around trying to find the light switch.
 

fourthandshort

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2017
Messages
8,676
PubIIDreaming said:
isuquinndog said:
fourthandshort said:
any way to darken the grey shading between each post ... they run together visually.

Thoughts?

https://redbirdfan.net/forum_test/

No, thats worse! Its like I'm in a dark room and I'm stumbling around trying to find the light switch.
agree .. now everything is too dark and still runs together visually. color scheme needs to make clear bold line/shading between each text. darkening the font on the posting date will help a little as well .. that is a visual que that can be picked up quickly .. it is light grey right now.
 

fourthandshort

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2017
Messages
8,676
qouting works well as is because you have indentations with bold red lines on left side .. so it is easy to follow when nesting quote replies.

but original post after post runs together .. try darkening date first .. may help more than I think .. maybe make it bold red to set it apart nicely from lighter black text used in posts.
 

TIMMY

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2017
Messages
5,145
Location
1050 W Addison
fourthandshort said:
qouting works well as is because you have indentations with bold red lines on left side .. so it is easy to follow when nesting quote replies.

but original post after post runs together .. try darkening date first .. may help more than I think .. maybe make it bold red to set it apart nicely from lighter black text used in posts.
Yes.
 

fourthandshort

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2017
Messages
8,676
isuquinndog said:
There you go. I made the time stamps black.

quinn ... the date stamp in upper left corner of each post is not any darker on my screen .. still a light grey.
 

fourthandshort

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2017
Messages
8,676
fourthandshort said:
isuquinndog said:
There you go. I made the time stamps black.

quinn ... the date stamp in upper left corner of each post is not any darker on my screen .. still a light grey.

quinn .. the date is now darker black .. that helps some for me.
 
Top Bottom