Pelini to LSU??

MadBird

Interesting rumor from footballscoop.com:

https://footballscoop.com/news/sour...idate-for-lsu-defensive-coordinator-position/
Bo Pelini is a strong candidate for the LSU defensive coordinator position, sources tell FootballScoop on Monday

From Pelini’s perspective, source tells FootballScoop Bo would like to have assurances that his brother Carl would become head coach at Youngstown before making this move if possible.

Also said Pelini has been DC at LSU before, prior to his move to Nebraska.

TIMMY

He'd be replacing a great defensive mind. I wouldn't want to be the guy to follow Dave. Quiet, humble, brilliant.

fourthandshort

TIMMY said:
He'd be replacing a great defensive mind. I wouldn't want to be the guy to follow Dave. Quiet, humble, brilliant.

are you inferring Pelini is not quiet and humble ???? :eek:

MadBird

TIMMY said:
fourthandshort said:
TIMMY said:

are you inferring Pelini is not quiet and humble ???? :eek:
Umm no not Pellini.

Over on the basketball board they're talking about coaches being "intense and nutty" - Bo's got both of those covered!

MadBird

Interesting update from footballscoop.com today. Would have to say it sounds like Pelini will stay at YSU. The article claims he's had interest from the NFL but also turned them down?? I don't know, had no idea YSU was such a desirable destination! ;)

https://footballscoop.com/news/an-update-on-bo-pelini/
Multiple sources tell FootballScoop that LSU reached out to Pelini to gauge his interest when Dave Aranda was considering the possibility of leaving to become head coach at UNLV back in early December.
Pelini, sources tell FootballScoop, was willing to consider the possibility but also had both family and “football family” concerns that would have to be overcome before making a move. Pelini’s youngest daughter, we’re told, is in her junior year of high school and Bo would prefer to allow her to finish high school in Youngstown before moving. Furthermore, as we reported yesterday, Bo would want assurances from Youngstown that his brother Carl, and the rest of his staff, would be retained.

He's making it tough to be hired! More in the article.

Virginia Redbird

You can't take seriously anything any coach says when jobs are in the works. They will deny and then leave. Happens all the time. That being said, it does not seem he is under any real pressure at YSU (The Birds probably helped him out by laying a MAMMOTH egg in Youngstown). He has some family issues to consider (daughter in High School and brother on the staff). He appears to have a pretty decent young QB to work with next year. At least he looked pretty decent against a tough Redbird Defense. My guess is we see Pelini next year at least and probably another couple years.

fourthandshort

MadBird said:
Interesting update from footballscoop.com today. Would have to say it sounds like Pelini will stay at YSU. The article claims he's had interest from the NFL but also turned them down?? I don't know, had no idea YSU was such a desirable destination! ;)

https://footballscoop.com/news/an-update-on-bo-pelini/
Multiple sources tell FootballScoop that LSU reached out to Pelini to gauge his interest when Dave Aranda was considering the possibility of leaving to become head coach at UNLV back in early December.
Pelini, sources tell FootballScoop, was willing to consider the possibility but also had both family and “football family” concerns that would have to be overcome before making a move. Pelini’s youngest daughter, we’re told, is in her junior year of high school and Bo would prefer to allow her to finish high school in Youngstown before moving. Furthermore, as we reported yesterday, Bo would want assurances from Youngstown that his brother Carl, and the rest of his staff, would be retained.

He's making it tough to be hired! More in the article.

a rediculous expectation ... what new head coach would come in and accept all of the previous head coach's assistants ?? Nobody worth a dime would accept that.

Chi-bird

I actually have some newfound respect for Bo Pelini, thinking about how a job at LSU could negatively affect others in his family.

cpacmel

https://twitter.com/rossdellenger/status/1221865810144251904?s=21

MadBird

Chi-bird said:
I actually have some newfound respect for Bo Pelini, thinking about how a job at LSU could negatively affect others in his family.

Spose the $2M will help with the negative effects . . . . :roll:

TIMMY

:think: Hmmmmmmmm Red Stick, Louisiana and $ 2 Million sure beats the hell out of Youngstown, Ohio and any amount.

Reggie Redbird

After Pelini's Nebraska buyout money ended in February 2019, this does not surprise me. He's going to have a lot more eyes on him as LSU's DC, but he's going to earn about 7-8 times per year what he did at LSU.

To me, he's the type of coach that would fit in better in Starkville, MS; Lubbock, TX; Pullman, WA (essentially Mike Leach's destination but they have different personalities). Even KU would have been a good fit for him. He needs to be in a place where donors are important but realize their location or history is a tougher draw to get the perfect coach.

Chi-bird

MadBird said:
Chi-bird said:

Spose the $2M will help with the negative effects . . . . :roll:

Heck yeah. He could give let his daughter stay back, and pay 3 or 4 full time bodyguards, cooks, etc. to give her a comfy senior year, and then have her fly home to Baton Rouge every other weekend.

MadBird

Top Bottom