Ohio State assistant Ryan Pedon to be head coach

jamminjamarsmiley

Just goes to show that either no one on this board is connected or if they are they ain't talking.
Once a rumor gets rolling it’s hard to stop and the more folks who amplify it, make it even more believable. I wasn’t necessarily against Powell but had plenty of concern. Pedon looks like he’s a safer higher and has a real solid resume, I am much happier with him than Powell.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Also interesting the Columbus paper reported it well before the Pantagraph. Does jim benson have any real sources here?
Someone asked him on Twitter about the ESPN placeholder for an 11 am press conference Monday. He replied that it was a mistake, it was nothing. Then 90 mins later we have a coach with an 11 am press conference Monday.

Bird Friend

Can’t believe I’m going to agree with JJS, but I think Pedon is a safe (but strong) hire. He checks a lot of the boxes we need. Solid Mid-Western ties, strong resume with experience under many coaches, has been a part of multiple successful teams.

I like the hire.

Birdman

Seems like a very solid hire. I had a feeling they already had their guy lined up with the whole Muller finishing the season and not finishing the season mess. Which hopefully translates to being a very good thing knowing they got exactly the guy they wanted.

KingO

Seems like a very solid hire. I had a feeling they already had their guy lined up with the whole Muller finishing the season and not finishing the season mess. Which hopefully translates to being a very good thing knowing they got exactly the guy they wanted.
Per one article we reached out either last week or early this week. Hiring process took 5 days

Top Bottom