Northern Iowa

Total Red

Staff member
A trip to the UNI-Dome is never easy but this is a chance to bounce back and win a game where the Redbirds will not be favored, although it should be close. Wenkers Wright will be back in action. That's good, if Annexstad throws 47 passes again at least 2 will be INT's. The gunslinger may also toss a couple of TDs. The defense will need to force a turnover or two of their own and they can do that. Panther QB Theo Day is 6'5 with a strong arm but only moderate mobility. We usually play well against those types of QBs. It should be close.

MadBird

We have to play both these teams, so this may be "bad news" not good, but . . .

UNI beat InSU 20-14 last weekend at the Dome, and UNI kicked a field goal with 1:44 left. So it was a 3 point game with 1:45 to play. Now, InSU has lost to Purdue and ranked Montana, and now UNI, with their win vs. North Alabama. Spose we all think InSU is somebody we should beat. And UNI just barely beat them. So, therefore, by my powers of deduction, we should be able to pull this off. Should. Could. Need to get into another gear tho.

Last edited:

Manchester Matt

Feels like a must win with road games remaining at NDSU and SDSU if we have any postseason aspirations.

Not a whole lot of margin for error the rest of the year.

fourthandshort

With SIU loss, this is THE must win game of the year.

Good to hear kicker is back, tired of punting from 30 yards lines.

Time for OL to step up .. though UNI run defense may not be what it usually is, they won't be easy.

Let's Go Redbirds ... this is the week to bring it together.

Virginia Redbird

I thought the SIU game was going to be the turning point of the season. Yep, we took a wrong turn last weekend. I think this is a winnable game but the offense has to show up for both halves and play with few mistakes. Annexstad has played well at times but he has also forced some throws. I am hoping the running game is back with the return of WW. The kicking game I hope to see improved. I did not see much written about it but those miserable punts last week that gave SIU great field position and put the defense under pressure were awful to watch. It appeared to be intentional but it did not help the cause in my opinion. I don't know if the playoffs are gone if they lose this game but they would have a massive mountain to climb if they lose.

Loyl2u

Here is hoping our kicking game is improved, really has given opponents a big field position advantage. Also need to turn kick returners loose, yes I know we had a fumbled return costing a TD earlier this year, but the combination of poor field position for us and great for them is asking an awful lot of both O & D

cubird

Think the return of the kicker is only for extra points and field goals. He returning about 3 months earlier than expected.

Redbird15

Here is hoping our kicking game is improved, really has given opponents a big field position advantage. Also need to turn kick returners loose, yes I know we had a fumbled return costing a TD earlier this year, but the combination of poor field position for us and great for them is asking an awful lot of both O & D
? what are you talking about the Kicker are Kick off returners. The Kick off returns have been great a 98 yard TD return and SIU a few returns that average 25-30 yards two were 1 block from a big return or TD. I would like to see some left or right returns set up instead of middle returns.

fourthandshort

Don't come out flat as a board. Be the aggressor. Winnable game.
Play like your playoff hopes depend on it .. because they do for rmost part. With NDSU and SDSU both on road, plus tougher games against YSU and USD. Then also InSU, who might be tough, hard to say. And then WIU, which better be a win.

But our margin for error gets really small. with a loss this week.

MadBird

Play like your playoff hopes depend on it .. because they do for rmost part. With NDSU and SDSU both on road, plus tougher games against YSU and USD. Then also InSU, who might be tough, hard to say. And then WIU, which better be a win.

But our margin for error gets really small. with a loss this week.
Well, yes to all of that, plus which, we haven't cracked the rankings yet, so we got a ways to go to call some attention to ourselves.

MadBird

Virginia Redbird usually is the poster of the Prairie State Pigskin story of the week, but since I just read it, I'll do the honors today. Nice story about the Birds' need to "get in gear" vs. the Black Cats.

Total Red

Staff member
I am eagerly awaiting the line being posted by Mel. I usually don't pay much attn to those things but I'm curious to see how the betting world sees this one.

Top Bottom