NIL Community Collaboration Event

Virginia Redbird

Interesting and nice to see the athletic department being rather aggressive. My initial thoughts though are what impact with NIL have on ISU athletics? If you are at Notre Dame, USC, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Michigan, etc., etc., etc. then I fully understand. The exposure at that level is incredible. I lived in Michigan for 6 years near Ann Arbor. They had a store called the M Den. It was all Michigan merchandise and nothing else. They did huge business. How many Michigan jerseys they sold I don't know but it was a bunch. How many ISU jerseys are sold. I looked around a couple of years ago and all I could find was a cheap replica with Kolbe's number 16. ISU can't even fill the stands at Hancock. Does anyone outside of hardcore fans care in the least who is QB for the Redbirds? I readily admit I know very little about NIL and don't care to do much research on it. I just can't see the big impact for FCS schools or lesser exposed schools.

MadBird

From today's Minneapolis Star-Tribune. This sounds doable for ISU, altho not sure how much dough it would raise:
Two days before the first anniversary of the NCAA allowing student-athletes to profit off their name, image, and likeness, a group of Gophers football players announced Wednesday that they’re partnering to do just that. The players are starting the Twin Cities NIL Club, which will operate as a membership-based organization that will allow fans access to players and a chance to support them. For $199, those interested can buy a 2022 access pass to the club that will allow members: • A meet-and-greet with the team. • An annual NIL Club members-only tailgate. • An online community to engage with players. • Access to player-created content. Proceeds will be distributed evenly among every player I n the NIL Club. The NIL Club has a website — TwinCitiesNILClub.com — where, starting in July, fans can purchase a digital access pass to the players’ content. Quarterback Tanner Morgan is among the players in the Twin Cities NIL Club. “We have always known that we have some of the best fans in the nation, and now we get to show the fans that we care,” Morgan wrote in a Tweet.

Bird Friend

Staff member
From today's Minneapolis Star-Tribune. This sounds doable for ISU, altho not sure how much dough it would raise:

“We have always known that we have some of the best fans in the nation, and now we get to show the fans that we care,” Morgan wrote in a Tweet.

So they want to show they care by having the fans pay them to be members of their club??

Top Bottom