National Signing Day (the sequel)

Total Red

Staff member
Blink and you would miss it. The February signing day is tomorrow. The bulk of our recruits sign in December but we have had some more commits since then.

Zion Granville 6'6 205 DE/OLB Fort Bend Acad, Sugar Land, TX
Kylan Stevens 6'3 245 DL St. Thomas Aquinas HS, Ft. Lauderdale, FL

We always need D-Linemen. Granville, Stevens look like they will take time to develop but that's ok. We'll also have Minnesota transfer Noah Hickcox at DT for the fall season.
I really liked the film on Stevens. He looks quick for his position which is something you expect from Florida players.

We also have a walk-on LB'er from Salt Lake City, UT - Patrick Brennan. He's the most well-connected LB'er we've had in a while. Brennan mostly played QB in HS but he has a good frame at 6'3 210 so LB'er it is.

Welcome to all and Good Luck.

fourthandshort

TX and FL ... nice to see more from that pipeline .. especially St Thomas Aquinas ... Coach Shula's connection still paying some dividend. Always good when players from those areas/schools sign and give more publicity to ISU.

Not to mention, it just occurred to me .... James Robinson killing it in Jacksonville, along with James O'shaughnessy playing well, is also very good for recruiting cred in Florida. This just became page 2 of the ISU football pitch when recruiting in Florida.

TIMMY

Blink and you would miss it. The February signing day is tomorrow. The bulk of our recruits sign in December but we have had some more commits since then.

Zion Granville 6'6 205 DE/OLB Fort Bend Acad, Sugar Land, TX
Kylan Stevens 6'3 245 DL St. Thomas Aquinas HS, Ft. Lauderdale, FL

We always need D-Linemen. Granville, Stevens look like they will take time to develop but that's ok. We'll also have Minnesota transfer Noah Hickcox at DT for the fall season.
I really liked the film on Stevens. He looks quick for his position which is something you expect from Florida players.

We also have a walk-on LB'er from Salt Lake City, UT - Patrick Brennan. He's the most well-connected LB'er we've had in a while. Brennan mostly played QB in HS but he has a good frame at 6'3 210 so LB'er it is.

Welcome to all and Good Luck.
I will not complain about this nepotism. Welcome aboard kid.

ISUBU

Well, Mr. Granville has some strong connections of his own.

"his grandfather, Hank Guenther, was a football standout at Illinois State from 1965-1970 and his grandmother, Joan, was a cheerleader at ISU … great-grandfather Gilbert Love is an Illinois High School Basketball Hall of Fame coach … "

fourthandshort

Well, Mr. Granville has some strong connections of his own.

"his grandfather, Hank Guenther, was a football standout at Illinois State from 1965-1970 and his grandmother, Joan, was a cheerleader at ISU … great-grandfather Gilbert Love is an Illinois High School Basketball Hall of Fame coach … "
Not sure, But I believe this would have been a clear violation of the "no fraternization" sports policy back then ... oh great, scandal rocks the 2021 Redbird recruiting class .. fire Spack now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Top Bottom