MVFC 2019 All New Comer team -

fourthandshort

https://valley-football.org/news/2019/12/2/football-2019-mvfc-all-newcomer-team.aspx

Offense: JR RB Proctor, true FR WR Rutkiewicz, SR OL Solomon
Defense: FR DB Isabell, SR LB Mends

We tied for lead with 5 newcomers with SDSU. Foor what it's worth, 2 of our 5 are FR, so we had 3 transfers (1 juco, 2 FBS) .. while 4 of 5 are FR for SDSU, with 1 juco transfer.

What;s amazing is how NDSU had the highest starter turnover from last season, but has only 2 on the newcomer list at QB and RB .. not single defender .. yet they are one of the top defenses in FCS .... talk about reloading.

fourthandshort

also noting, there are 3 QBs on this MVFC all new comer list .. all 3 are FR and all 3 are the other 3 teams that made playoffs, 2 were top 8 seeds, the 3rd (UNI) was arguably a top 8 seed until injuries on offense took a toll ... worse than what we had happen.

JHBird

Keep your eye out for Isabell. During the coach's show Brock said this kid can be a future first round pick in the NFL. He's 6'2", 220lbs. He looks almost too big to be a DB, but he runs in 4.5's. Kinda like a border line LB. I glad he made the list as a RS Freshman. I wasn't sure if people noticed him that much. Kinda hard to miss though, he looks so big out there as a DB.

ISUBU

TIMMY said:
Clayton Isabell is going to play on Sunday. He's got every intangible.

He's got the tangibles, too. At least for his age. He'll likely get bigger over the next few years.

I like that we call him a starter at nickel back.

fourthandshort

Knowing Spack ... any chance Isbell ends up at LBer ?? Hes 220 lbs already as RS FR ....

TIMMY

fourthandshort said:
Knowing Spack ... any chance Isbell ends up at LBer ?? Hes 220 lbs already as RS FR ....
Right now he covers like a corner and hits like a safety. He's got a nose for the ball. To me he's a safety, but Spack will do what's best for the team. I love big safeties who can also play in the box.

fourthandshort

Well I like him helping at the nickel against UCA pass attack .. hoping he drills their receivers a few times over the middle. These guys will throw a lot against us ... including their RB Blackmon .. they throw to him a lot and he's got 2 TD throws himself. Hope we play a lot of nickle .. need some cover guys to step up this week.

TIMMY

fourthandshort said:
Well I like him helping at the nickel against UCA pass attack .. hoping he drills their receivers a few times over the middle. These guys will throw a lot against us ... including their RB Blackmon .. they throw to him a lot and he's got 2 TD throws himself. Hope we play a lot of nickle .. need some cover guys to step up this week.
Yes sir! UCA is in 11 personnel most of the time so we should see a lot of Clayton.

fourthandshort

TIMMY said:
fourthandshort said:
Yes sir! UCA is in 11 personnel most of the time so we should see a lot of Clayton.

well yeah, those are the rules !! We going to get in another big debate over why you can't have 12 men on the field again ??

:mrgreen:

TIMMY

fourthandshort said:
TIMMY said:
fourthandshort said:

well yeah, those are the rules !! We going to get in another big debate over why you can't have 12 men on the field again ??

12 works.

If you don't get caught.

TIMMY

Seriously, I think it's going to be a lot of 3 receiver sets with a back and a TE. 2 weeks ago they used a 2 receiver set with a TE, a U/FB and a RB. That puts Ridgeway back out there and I don't think we'll see much of that.

fourthandshort

TIMMY said:
fourthandshort said:
TIMMY said:

12 works.

If you don't get caught.

very nicely returned, sir

Top Bottom